Chapter Four

Jeremy caught up with him inside the library.

"Found you!" he smiled as he wrapped an arm over Scott's shoulders. He didn't seem to mind that he had ditched him earlier.

"Get off, you're heavy." he said as he pushed his arm off. He closed the book he was reading and placed it back on the shelf before walking away.

"Don't be like that," he laughed, wrapping an arm around the back of his shoulders again before leading him over to a table.

The table wasn't empty and when Scott saw who was sitting there his hopes of escaping dwindled pretty fast.

Jeremy smiled and waved. "Hey, Angela meet my new friend."

Angela looked up from her laptop and waved. When she saw Scott she laughed. "Hey, Jere. I see you've met the newbie."

Jeremy pouted. "What's this, you've already met? No fair, I wanted to be his first friend."

"Too bad, so how'd you find him?" she asked as they sat down, Jeremy pushing Scott into the seat a little forcibly when all he wanted to do was run away.

"Gym class."

"Oh, yes. I thought I smelled something." she mocked, pinching her nose and turning away from him.

Jeremy sniffed himself. "How rude, I don't stink." he said offended.

She ignored him and turned her attention onto Scott. "How's the first day going?"

"Terrible." he mumbled and she laughed.

"That's the spirit! So what other classes do you have?" without asking him she raided his backpack for his schedule.

"Oh, we have math and English together."

"Cool. Looks like we're math buddies!" Jeremy patted him on the shoulder hard enough to knock the breath out of him.

Oh, how wonderful. He could feel himself dancing with joy at the thought.

The bell rang to signal the end of class and Angela swung her bag onto her shoulder. "Come on, we'll show you to the next class."