𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

{CHAPTER 𝟎.𝟑}
OFF TO THE RACES

"The right gentleman"

DEAREST READER. It has been said that competition is an opportunity for us to rise and stand ready before our greatest of challenges. Well, if what this author hears this morning is true, then a great challenge concerning Miss Delilah Rosewood caught herself in quite a rather love triangle with Lord Egginton and Viscount Bridgerton. Of course, the only companion that compels my attention is the game of courtship. So best of luck to this year's players. Do try not to stumble on the starting line.

"A love triangle? Th—that's quite absurd...I've merely danced with the two." Delilah voiced as the queen read Lady Whisoldowns latest read.

"It's quite alright...my dear it's all about courtship." Queen Charlotte reassured taking a sip of her morning tea. "You know your sister...is coming back to London from her honeymoon."

"Karina..? Does she not have a months left?"

"She does indeed..but she heard news of you making your recent debut back into society." The queen informed.

Brimsley joined the two on the balcony with news.

"Lady Delilah...Lord Egginton is here to make your acquaintance." He lightly informed.

The queen looked at the young girl with a gesturing brow. "Well..go young lady." She spoke.

Lady Rosewood made haste making her way down the stairs to the entry of the castle meeting the graceful young man. He carried a beautiful bouquet of yellow tulips in his hand with a smile as they came to be face to face.

"Lady Delilah..good day." Lord Egginton greeted. "These are for you. "

"Why..thank you, your grace." Delilah thanked, taking the yellow flowers smelling them to be freshly picked. "There quite lovely."

"Much like the lady they accompany."He commented.

"I wish to escort you to the races this afternoon..if you shall have me." He stated with gentle eyes.

"I would quite like that your grace. I" agreed with the same smile I gave most gentlemen who cared to court me.

"Well I shall see you this afternoon." Lord Egginton spoke bowing as he left the castle.

"Beautiful..is it not? The day. "

"Quite your grace." I spoke, arms clinging to Lord Egginton through the grass towards our seats. He grabbed the palm of my hand, stopping me in my tracks to face him.