𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

{CHAPTER 𝟎.𝟒}
VICTORY

"Feeling forbidden

"Feeling forbidden."

IF THE ANCIENT GREEKS were members of the ton, they might have added to their Olympic pentathlon one additional event. The hosting of a country visit. This, of course, is the week of Lady Bridgertons annual Hearts and Flowers Ball, the year's most coveted invitation in the country, and no event better designed to show the might and mettle of its host.

"The roses and carnations have arrived, ma'am." The Bridgerton Hand maid informed Violet and Daphne.

"You may wish to add in lilac, Mama. Symbolic of first love. And perhaps make the bouquets even bigger." Daphne recommended with a smile.

"I have taught you well."

"Indeed you have, mama what is it that I hear of my brother and Lady Delilah of Rosewood, the queen's niece?" Daphne questions.

"Oh dear, your brother's intentions or interest in Lady Rosewood remain unclear too me but..between you and me I do feel something there." Lady Violet expressed.

"Mhm, will she be joining us this week?"

"From what I hear, yes..and so will Lady Quinn your brother personally invited her."

"Lady Quinn? He is courting her?" Daphne questions.

"As it seems."

"So, is my sister going to tell me of this love triangle?" A voices questions Delilah from behind her vanity.

She turns with haste seeing her younger sister Karina Rosewood.
"Karina!" She exclaimed, gently hugging her sister. "Look at you, how many months now?"

"3, my sister but enough about me and my little bump..the viscount or Lord Egginton?" Karina questions placing her hands over her caring belly.

"The Viscount has not truly shown interest..little things but it doesn't matter he's courting a Lady Quinn of Southbrook." Delilah revealed walking back to her vanity grabbing her hairbrush, stroking through her dark brown locs.

"Since when do you back down from a challenge?"

"There's not a challenge, one believes he will propose to the young lady soon..most gents do by now."

"Well, one believes you would make the better wife...will I get to meet these gents?" Karina questions coming behind her sister.

"One won't if you and your sister don't make haste."
Queen Charlotte added popping her head in the room.

Pleasant music played through the country grounds out in the fresh air. Lady's were greeted by the Bridgertons; Duchess Daphne and Miss Bridgerton.

"Your Majesties," they both greeted, with curtsies.