𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

{CHAPTER 0.9}
LOVERS BATTLE

"remember those wall I built well baby there tumbling down

"remember those wall I built well baby there tumbling down."
- Q.B

DEAREST READERS
A march down the aisle may very well be the longest walk any young lady ever takes. It does not simply cover the length of the church, but rather, countless floors for dancing, and meandering paths for every afternoon promenade too. As princess Delilah Amanda of Rosewood Hall will soon be wed to James Egginton the 2nd It is a wonder, then, that feet do not tire or, heaven forbid, trip under the scrutiny of all those attentive eyes keeping close watch, indeed.

"So brother you're standing for this? Hmm?" Daphne went on approaching her brother as he sat at his desk. "Now sweet sister what are you agging me about?" He spoke nonchalantly counting his work as if she wasn't in the room. "Lady Delilah will be lady Egginton tomorrow brotha...unless you see some reason she—" I do not." He interrupted before she could finish, allowing their eyes to meet. "Anthony, do you love Lady Quinn? " Daphne asked looking into her brothers eyes searching for a clear admirable answer. "Lady Quinn will be a great mother as I have told you before, do you doubt her capability to be so?" The young lady paused at the question knowing the answer to her own question simply by hearing her brothers. "No. No brother I do not. But I doubt you're reasons for the companionship. That's is all My Lord."
My sister spoke before leaving me be. She is right Delilah will soon be Lady Egginton that thought plagued my brain and my bloody heart. Id rather marry out of my duty and to breed then to love, my mother loved my father and when he died it merely broke her. I do not wish that feeling of love that feeling of pain and agony that burdened her everyday. I need not wish it, but I—do not know what I feel for Delilah but I will not say love.

"You look beautiful Deli." Eleanor admired her sister as she helped her put on her jewels suited for her wedding. A wedding bond to create a stronger nation bringing heirs to the throne In generation to come a thought I didn't quite want to think about yet.
I smiled at the comment understanding this moment will change my life forever. I know marrying James will bring me lots of happiness, comfort and it will be easy, always happy merely perfect. No struggles, no disagreement, just the perfect companion but what if I wanted a love that excites me? A love that I feel will consume me, that isn't perfect but most joyest a love that challenges me. "Thank you, Rina." The young princess froze starting into the mirror knowing that she soon will be wed, trying to bare an hire because that was all ladies were meant to for. A knock on the door took Delilah out of her head that was bring plagued by feeling. "Your Majesty, it's your sister." Karina smiled and bowed, yet something plagued her mind as did mine. "Rina, what do I owe the pleasure?" "Deli we need to talk." she spoke with the slightest of hesitation distinct in her voice. "May I ask about?"

"The Viscount." I soon looked around seeing the parties present in the room. "Leave us." Elenor stood in her spot not moving, "What about Viscount Bridgerton?" She asked, "It's nothing Elie its clear our sister has opinions so leave us." I declared as she soon stormed out. "Sister you are a stubborn thorn, you want to Deny it but it is quite apparent that he loves yo—" "Karina, Viscount Bridgerton has made his own plans for the future as I have made mine. Plans that do not include each other. We have decided there is nothing more between us. There can not be. He is to wed as am I." I spoke turning to face the mirror once more.She turned me back facing her fixing my head piece, "Do you ever wonder what mother would say on days such as this?" The young princess sighed lightly at the question. "She was the only one you truly admired. The only one who could ever get through to you." She went on as she slipped my bracelets on. "If mama was here——" "You cannot possibly know what she would say so need not try." I resorted with light venom. "So do not. Do insult me with you're baseless claims." I stated heading for the door.

"I have been here. Sister." She spoke with fury stopping me in my tracks. "And I have seen you in all stages this past year. I witnessed you change the day she died, you cried everyday and then woke up heading off to London. Now marrying not for love but for what"—— "OUR FAMILY." I shouted, holing back those pathetic tears that fought ruthlessly to fall. "For our family. For Margo, Elie, for our father." "Delilah." She mumbled, "Its not like you gave me much of a choice, you married leaving me to raise our sisters find them gentlemen, prepare them for if they have to take the crown that bears on Queen Charlottes head. My baby or Margos or Elies will be the next king of England one day, saids so in mama testament. So I need not to have Viscount Bridgerton love me...I need to secure the line."I informed, letting my sister know the truth about way I need to marry so soon so my sister's future children wont be burdened by the crown. I finally gave into the tears, letting them win. "Deli...I didnt know." She spoke holding me. "You weren't supposed too..father told me a week before I was set for London—her testament will hold in a decades time." "You should not have had to burden this alone." My sister spoke as I stood up, hearing another knock. "Your grace, the guest have seated."

All the quest were seated Lord Egginton waited for is bride with a huge smile. "This will be us in a weeks time."Lady Quinn spoke cheerfully beside me, hand intertwined with my own. I smiled or tried at her passionate conjecture. "I quite need some air ." I spoke, "Anthony are you alright?" my mother questioned. "Why, yes mother I'm fine just a little faint."I assured as I rose from my seat and out the church doors. As I made my way back in Deliah was at the altar hand and hand with James she looked radiant, breathtaking. Our eyes met and I couldnt l00k away I need not want too. As she stood there every part of her belonged not herself and not to the man she was about to marry but to Anthony Bridgerton her heart, that beated ten times faster when she was in his presence. Looking into each others eyes reminded them that true love is something else entirely. It is when the rest of the world goes quiet. It is not eyes that meet but souls that dance. Settle into each other. Make room for each other until there is nowhere else to hide.

"Delilah."A voice whispered, it was James. "Is everything alright?"He questioned looking into my eyes as they regained focus on his. "I—I..I'm so sorry I can—can't do this." I voiced quitly. The young princess fled on her two feet dropping the bouquet tears rolling down her cheeks as she burst through some door desperately searching for a place to hide.

The bride who runaway, the runaway bride.

XoXo.