𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

{CHAPTER 𝟎.𝟕}
DUTY OR LOVE

𝟕}DUTY OR LOVE

I wanted him.
He wanted me too.
We both wanted each other.
But-
- 𝐮.𝐥

IN THE MIRROR, where I stood in a haze remembering the before while my ladys brushed my hair, tightening my corset. My interaction with the Viscount.. an interaction that never should've happened. I am to be wed to Lord Eggington but most importantly he is to be wed to the bride "who has his heart". The princess was dragged out of her haze by a knock on her bedroom door, well a few knocks. Entering the room were three brunettes with cheerful smiles on their faces as they approached. Were my eyes deceiving me or were all my sisters standing before me? "Sister!" Eleanor yelped approaching, pulley the young lady into a lovefiled embrace.

"What are you guys doing here?" I wander looking at my sisters, touching Margets chin and holding the side of Eleanor's face. She looked at me as if I had to head, as if I was asking a question that had a quite obvious answer. "We're here for your wedding of course." Right, I am getting Married how could I forget? "You didn't think we would miss it? Did you, Deli?" Marget went on to ask, grabbing a brush going through her own brown locks. "Well, tell us about him! Is he handsome?" The youngest ladies questioned, intensely with purely good intentions. "Do you love him?" Hearing the question I froze, Do I Love him?  That was the question, a question that should be simple to answer. "Margo, Elie, why don't we give our sister some time for herself. And why don't you pick out your gowns for tonight?" Karina suggested, seeing her sister's hesitation to answer such a simple question. "You don't, Deil." Karina expressed, as she closed the door behind her sisters taking a seat.  "You want but..you can't because you're in love with the viscount." I wasn't..I'm not. "I am not, Rina." I tried to convince myself,the truth hidden in my voice.

Duty to rank and title. Fidelity to one's family name. It demands both utter obedience and total sacrifice. But what happens when such duty is in conflict with the heart's true desire? Why, then, there is the potential for a considerable scandal, indeed. The only question is, will the parties in question heed my warning? Or is it already too late to turn. Back to duty and away from desire?

"They're getting married in a week's time..Rina an I the week after." I quaked out, the viscount and I are nothing we could never be anything there's no world where we could. This life we live is no fantasy. We have duty's his to his family and I to mine. "But you love him." Karina didn't understand when she had her debut she had our mother..now our mama is with the angels at Rosewood Hall and it is up to me to carry out my duty to my family, to my sisters. "It's not that simple Rina..nothing in society ever is." Delilah expressed, reaching for her sister's hand. "Now, the ball will be soon so we must make haste and get dressed." I spoke quickly, changing the subject. Night soon fell and the Rosewood sisters dressed in their finest silk gowns. The night's theme was love; warm pinks, and crème white gowns filled the Bridgerton ballroom. "This ball is delightful." Eleanor happily expressed, grabbing her sister's arm. "Its quite exquisite." Magret went on agreeing. My eyes scanned the room as I saw Lord Bridgerton and his bride to be on his arm.