Chapter 5: Amused But Not Parked

Sorry this chapter took so long I have had the next two chapters and even more written beyond this chapter but this one just took me absolutely FOREVER!!!!!!!!!! To finish, so I hope you'll find the chapter is worth the wait

And just remember that this fic is only on wattpad right now for y'all, as I plan to post this to my other platforms, but since you guys are so nice here I'm posting these chapters as an extra special bonus for you guys so please let me know what you think of it so far! 

I'm really excited for this one so please let me know how you feel about it as we go! I'm really hoping you're enjoying my fore into more chaptered like fics! Yay!

You're practically skipping, and you know it, but the excitement that fills you can't be contained right now! It's been so long since you've been able to visit that it seems to be overflowing out of you.

Felix is happy to match your pace, and if you had to judge, your expression also. The long walk from the parking lot seems like it takes seconds as opposed to the few minutes it actually takes you to reach the front of the park. Standing in line has you excited, unable to stand still, thoughts of roller coasters and Ferris wheels and carnival games running through your mind. When you get to the front of the line you grab Felix's hand, making sure to not lose him on a good day like this.

But instead of the excited staff you remember from your youth, a pimply teenager is giving you a particularly blank look, it doesn't put a damper on your mood though, instead now even more ready to get in the park and experience the joy of your youth. That was until he held out a long spindly limb.

"Where's his papers?"

"Papers?"

"Yeah, his solitary papers. This isn't a zoo, I either need papers or he needs a collar."

Oh... You think.

"Oh..." You say.

Felix definitely didn't have his solitary papers... In fact most hybrids didn't. Out of all the hybrids you knew Chan is the only one who's ever actually had signed papers. They're still very rare even though society is changing.

"He doesn't have papers." You kind of stutter through the sentence, surprised it slipped your mind.

"Ma'am you're old enough to know the law, come back when you're actually following it. NEXT!" He pushes you aside, letting the people behind you, who were definitely glaring, pass through the turnstiles.

You look at Felix. You do not think you could look like a bigger loser to him then right here at this moment. Honestly, all the wind has been stolen out of your sails and you're kind of ready to throw in the towel and call it a night honestly.

"We can't go?" He sounds sad, and honestly a bit pathetic. You probably should not have talked this place up this much.

"Umm, I don't know bud, I don't have papers, and I think it might be better if we just went home."

"But he said I could wear a collar right?"

You pause, a bit uncomfortable with the question.

"He did."

"There's probably something we could use! I used to do this all the time with.... Anyways I used to do this all the time! I'm sure we can find something around here to use."

You look into his eyes. He clearly doesn't mind, but it makes you uncomfortable. The idea of collaring hybrids has always made you uncomfortable. To you hybrids are no different than humans. And humans weren't better than just because they came first. But your feelings on the matter weren't really the important ones here.