Chapter 9: The Unexpected Guest

Here you go besties! Two chapters in one week! It'll probably not happen again for a very long time so... You know... Enjoy it well. 

I'm finally introducing my favorite member, so you better be nice to him or so help me 

(╬≖_≖)

You throw your keys into the bowl by the door, coat goes on the hanger, shoes off by the door. It's a bit unusual that Felix hasn't come running up towards you yet. The affectionate hybrid loves greeting you at the door.

You turn towards the rest of the house and stop in your tracks. In the living room stands a fully grown black panther. Instantly your mind snaps to the tiny calico. As frozen as your body already is, your blood freezes even further when you realize he isn't anywhere to be seen.

You let out a shaky "Felix", hoping the worst isn't true. When nothing happens, you let out another louder, but still shaky "Felix.". The panther doesn't seem to like this, his eyes narrowing and tail flicking back and forth in agitation.

"Felix, where are you baby?" This seems to finally set the panther off, he growls in warning, muscles moving as he starts to stand from off his haunches. Before he fully gets up, you hear a tiny meow. Looking to where the sound is, you notice a ball of black, orange, and white fluff playing with the black tail of the panther.

You start making your way towards Felix, trying to sneak around the very angry panther until he roars so loudly your ears feel like they're ringing. Your body freezes like it's been shocked. Everything tenses in preparation for the panther to attack, eyes shut tight, fists clenched. There's nothing you can do to defend yourself. You can't open your eyes but you hear it start running at you. You're going to die, and there's no way for you to make sure Felix can get out of here.

When the body meets yours it knocks you down. Breath leaving you. In the shock of it all, you can't help but think panthers are a lot lighter than you thought they'd be. Or that they would have started mauling their prey immediately. Or that they'd not just nuzzle into you. Or,,, purr for that matter.

You look down only to be met with the orange hair of Felix, who has knocked you down and not the panther you were expecting.

You quickly grab onto him. So so happy that he's ok. You sit up with Felix still in your lap and place a kiss on the top of his head. You're so very happy he came to your rescue but the fear of the situation still sits heavy. You move so your back is to the panther, trying to shield the small hybrid from the danger it doesn't seem to realize it's in.

The growling only gets louder. The closer the animal comes the more your hair stands up. You cling to Felix tighter, hopefully you can get him out of here before anything bad happens to him. How'd a panther even get in here?!!?

It's so close now you can feel it's breath on your neck. Every puff of air. You can feel the moisture it's leaving behind. Everything in your body is tensed so hard it hurts. You want to say something, anything, but nothing comes to mind besides the fact that chances are very high that you were going to die. All it would take was one crushing bite and your life would be gone. Just like that.

"Changbin meet Y/N! See I told you there was someone kind enough to take me in." He practically giggles as he says it. Seeming completely content in the situation.

"Wha- What?" You stutter out, completely confused.

A roar erupts from behind you so loud your ears ring. Clinging tighter to the small hybrid in your lap even through the drastic shaking of your body. You let out a whimper, truly scared for your life.