Chapter 10: The Destructive Power Of An Angry Guest

Sorry it's taken so long lol, I've actually been working on an Ateez story that is currently at 50K words, and it's taken me around 3 months of nonstop work (And it's kind of like 1/4 finished lol). This story, I've been working on for about 3 years, and it's around 40K. So.. It's been a journey. 

But I know that this story is important to you guys too, and so I wanted to be able to get out a new chapter for you all, so I hope you can enjoy it!

When you wake it's blissful, all the events of yesterday are un-remembered. It feels like a soft and comfortable morning, the birds outside chirping lovingly and loud, the sun shining somehow directly into your eyeballs despite them being closed. And the warm rhythmic breeze hitting your face... Could life be any more enjoyable?

Wait... That light rhythmic breathing was actually a bit heavy, and kind of weird smelling... Maybe a bit more unpleasant than you thought. A light snore rings out through the room, and you open your eyes, expecting Felix to be sleeping right next to you. It would be weird, because you're pretty sure you can feel his tail flicking on your arm, and Felix isn't that big in cat form, and would have to be practically a pretzel to have his face next to yours and his tail on your arm but hey, Felix is a weird sleeper what can you say.

You open your eyes, wanting to see whatever in the world Felix has done to get himself into this position.

Instead what greets you is Teeth and a lot of them, and they are in fact rather big and kind of scary. In fact, they are so scary that you can't help the yelp that comes out of you. Or the visceral fear of them being so close to your face, which makes your body want to get away from them. You scramble so fast and hard you lose your balance and tumble right over the edge of the bed.

You slowly right yourself after falling on your butt. You must not have woken up last night when the other two had come in. You sigh. How did you end up with another hybrid in your house?

You spend the day with Felix and his new friend. You don't really get the chance to ask any questions. So you don't. It's the last day you have off for two days and you had meant to go to the store, but honestly you didn't want to leave Felix alone with this guy. You didn't know why but it made you uncomfortable.

Which is why unfortunately, when Changbin still hadn't left your house for some reason, you were bringing both the hybrids to work with you the next morning. You had texted Chan half asleep and told him you were bringing them in, Changbin still not sitting right with you.

You sigh as you enter the building, turning the lights on as you go. You're here from opening till closing today and you already want to go home.

Chan was already here if the back room lights being on were any indication. You half consider leaving the other two at the front with nary another word, needing your friend now more than ever.

"Chan we're here!" You shout through the building. And no sooner had you started talking did Chan come rushing through the center.

Changbin starts growling at the others' presence but you don't care. Hugging Chan hard, you had missed him so much this weekend.

Chan is almost knocked down by the force of the hug, but gives it back hard nonetheless.

He breathes in your scent, subtly rubbing his chin against your head covering you in his own deep scent.

It's regretful when you part, and you instantly miss his warmth.

"I missed you." You blurt out, way too tired to have half as much of a filter as you should.