13 | Evvie by Brooke

Client: DemonfromHeaven04

Interviewer: Autumn_Brooklyn

Hi! I'm Brooke Ella, I'm an interviewer for the Gemme community.

Hi! Nice to meet you.

Nice to Meet You too! May I Ask what your name is?

Evvie.

Nice Name! Let's get started!

I would like to talk about your book "Betrayal".

Awesome. What would you like to know?

Where did you get your idea for the book?

I was scrolling through social media and one post had been dialogue for an amazing plot twist. So I told my friend Nila "I'm going to write a short story for that." And from there it spun into its own thing.

In your opinion what was the best part of writing the book?

Well, I'm currently still writing it. But my favorite part is getting in the characters' head and thinking as they do.

Have you ever had writer's block? If so how did you overcome it?

I get writer's block a lot. I did with Iyenae and I do with Betrayal. But what you do is you go back and read through what you have, and if you have an outline, go look at where you need to go. Or take a break. Step back, and ignore the book for a few days to weeks. So when you come back and read through you have a fresh mind.

How did you start writing?

I'm not sure. I was a bookworm from a young age and when there was this one assignment to write a "tall tale" I'm elementary school, everyone wrote something short. Versus me, who wrote pages long. I always liked writing stories and I think it eventually lead up to me actually writing a book and publishing it.

What Genre do you like writing?

I like writing fantasy mainly but I do like to sprinkle in mental health along the way

Who's your favourite writer on and off Wattpad?

Oh, man. That's hard! Haha. Um, I don't particularly have a favorite on Wattpad. Maybe Nila_Philips ? Outside of Wattpad, there are so many good authors I have no clue.

What book are you currently reading?

I am currently re-reading the entire Hero's of Olympus series. I'm close to finishing The Mark of Athena

That sounds so cool!

One final question before I let you go, what is your favourite piece(s) you have written?

Do published/unpublished count? Because I have so many snippets that I have written to add to my book and some that have been published in my book Iyenae that I just love.

It's not my best writing but I do love the scene at the end of Iyenae where she reaches a crazy amount of power because of an emotional realization.

Thank you so much for your time, Evvie!