[17] luxury and threats.

"doesn't mean i cant call you mine."

diego gets flustered so bad he had to pull away. "i uh, we, are you um" he clears his throat before continuing, "are you almost done? not to rush you or anything!!"

"let me put some shoes on. wait for me in the car." diego nods and he walks out your room.

he looks at around the well decorated house. family pictures, different types of diplomas and a few paintings hanged up. he gets his keys from the coffee table and goes out the house.

when you're done with the finishing touches, you get your stuff and leave. you find diego leaning on his latest mercedes benz cars.

"i thought i told you to wait inside." you were a little confused why he wasn't inside the car. that was until he opened the door for you and waited for you to go inside.

"how would i open your door if i was sitting down?" he smiles at you with so much pride and love. you give him a quick peck on the lips before getting inside. he swears he's the luckiest guy alive.

when he's driving to the mall, he once again places his hand on your thigh. this time you didn't let it get to you and make you a hot mess. you continued talking about how hour day went.

"-god and my mom said she wanted you to buy her a new car. i swear i'll never let her near you."

"i can buy her a car if that's what she wants, i don't mind." you rolled your eyes at him. it's almost like he wants to go broke.

you sighed before you speak up, "diego, i don't want you to spend money me or my family. understand?"

"i don't understand, how will your dad ever like me if-"

you cut him off before he could finish. "don't worry about that. they already like you for having a well ku paying job. that should be enough." if you were honest, you appreciated diego for at least trying to get extra brownie points.

"that's going to be a problem, y/n." he takes his hand off your thigh and uses both hands to park his car. you hadn't noticed that you guys already arrived.

"and why will that be a problem?"

"because i really only came here to spend my money on you." he gets out the car and rushes to your side. while you sat there jaw dropped, he opened the door . "come on, didn't you say you needed a new bag the other day?"

before you knew it, you guys were in chanel looking for a handbag. you were pleading to him, "diego please let's just leave. i don't need an overpriced-"

"excuse me ma'am, you work here right? my girl needs a new handbag but we're having trouble finding one to her liking." he ignores what you were saying about not needing one.

"hello sir, is there a price range you guys are working on?"

"no price range. just something that'll make her happy." he pulls you in with his left arm. by now there are definitely photos being taken by on lookers and passing customers.

"well, follow me and i'll show you chanel's most popular and most sought after bags." he gives you a kiss on your temple and intertwined his hands in yours. at this point there was no point in trying to escape.

after what seems to be hours of looking through bags, you find one that's cute. it wasn't obnoxiously big or too small. he tells the employee to have it for check out.

"you sure there isn't anything else you want in this store?"

"yes diego, this is enough. thank you." you were looking at everything but him. a part of you was ashamed you had him pay for bag from an expensive brand.

"okay, let's go to versace next."

"diegoooooo"

the famous versace store was only a few steps away. you were complaining to diego how you could probably find the same things on amazon and that it wouldn't be overpriced.

"i heard they have a new suitcase collection. we can use those for when we go to france." he grips on your hand tight and leads you into the store.

"ah diego! it's so nice to see you again, and this time with a date i assume?" a male employee said to diego. it looks like he goes here often..

"i'm sure you've seen the articles about us." he raises your hand that he's holding and kisses it. "we're just here to buy the new suitcases. so where can we see them?"

the salesman walks over to the left side of the store and there you see the suitcases. you will admit, some of them were cute.

diego leans into your ear and whispers, "see any you like?"

"no, it's all overpriced and ugly." half of it was a lie. there was one specially that caught your eye. the employee immediately sees the way you eye it.

he pulls diego aside, "she most definitely likes the one in the very back. just look how she's side eyeing it." diego glances at you. it was painfully obvious you took interest in the suitcase.

"i'll take it then. add it to my tab and i'll surprise her later. oh! add some things that are also popular among women too." he winks at the man and walks over to you.

"come on y/n, let's eat. i'm getting pretty hungry."

you sweetly smiled at him, "okay, what do you want to eat?"

"there's a small restaurant next door. let's walk over and have a meal there."

small? you guys were in the rich area of mexico. there wasn't going to be anything small here. you sighed and mentally prepared yourself for the most luxurious restaurant you were going to.

just as you thought, the restaurant was bigger than the stores inside the mall. so much for it being small..

"come on, i already have a reservation there." he drags you towards the giant glass double doors of the place.

"diego i didn't even wear anything nice!!"

"neither did i. order what you want, don't even look at the price."

you rolled your eyes, "oh, my parents are going to love you."

as you guys are walking in, you have a text from a random number.

+1 ### ### ####

i get it you bitch. you have him and i don't

i already see you guys together on twitter, stop dating him!!

stop showing off the fact he spends money on a whore like you

we've been together for 2 years. he will come back to me. so don't get attached.

it was a series of messages harassing you. who the hell..? you stopped in your tracks to review the messages once again. could this be one of diego's ex girlfriends?