9- Meeting The Dragonet

"Alright everyone since I'm in charge of the midday hunting party and that's when this class is supposed to end you all are free until then. Just please don't leave the mountain or it's outskirts." Tsunami explained.

I could hear a whine in her voice that told me there was a story there and boy did I want to hear it.

"So Pine, Boa, Yucca let's go." Tsunami said as she left the front of the room and took off down the hall.

Me, Pine, and Boa were close behind her and looking behind me I could see the others exiting the cave as well so they could go have their free time.

As we arrived in the prey center Tsunami snatched up a very large net. We sat there and waited. After about 5 minutes the Skywing, Sandwing, Azter and a new Seawing joined us.

Tsunami jumped up and looked very much ready to hunt. We all took off towards the lake this time since we could catch larger ground prey in the mountains rather than the forest and the fruit pile was full.

Me, Boa, Pine, and Azter all flew out into the mountains the Skywing, Sandwing, and Seawing staying behind to help Tsunami.

After a little debate we all decided to split up to catch as much prey as possible. It didn't take me long to spot a small herd of goats.

Whats the best way to do this... I can circle around to that slope behind them and jump on top of the herd. I don't have to be fast about it I need to catch as many as possible.

Deciding on a plan, I flew in a large circle around the goats to the slope behind them. I felxed my talons ready to attack.

I raised my tail into a stabbing position. I waited a good amount of time before pouncing on the goats.

When I did they all let out bleets of terror. I managed to stab of few with my tail as well as get one with my talons when I landed on it.

In all I was flying back to the group with about 6-7 goat carcasses. Boa and Pine had had seemed to team up a were working together to carry a moose.

I lagged behind to wait for Azter. Once she joined me she had a mountain lion corpse. We flew together back to Tsunami, Azter taking a few of the goats so I wouldn't have to carry as much.

I however paused as we were flying.

What was that?!

There had been a ripple in the air and I could have sworn I saw the dragonet from the night before flash visible for a moment.

(If your wondering the dragonet looks like this 👍)

(The feathers that are rainbow are from their Rainwing genetics they change according to their mood but they can change the rest of their scales on command to but only to match their surroundings and turn invisible not to any color they want

(The feathers that are rainbow are from their Rainwing genetics they change according to their mood but they can change the rest of their scales on command to but only to match their surroundings and turn invisible not to any color they want. The white and blue are from their Icewing genetics, and the black ones are from the Nightwings.)

Azter paused and backtracked their flight for a moment to hover next to me.

"You ok?" They asked.

"Mhm." I said while nodding my eyes wide.

"Oooook......" they mumbled flying ahead again.

I flew behind her but looking behind me I didn't see anymore ripples in the sky.

Their probably hiding themselves better now that I've noticed them.

As we arrived next to the lake Tsunami was just finishing up. The Seawing splashed out of the water with Tsunami and they were carrying the net which was now full of fish.

The Skywing flew forwards and started helping them carry it. The other Sandwing flew out of the mountains from the opposite way my group had gone and was carrying a few pig carcasses.

As we entered the prey center I noticed there was nobody there yet.

We must have finished early.

I looked over at Tsunami.

"Tsunami can I go explore the outside of the mountain I don't know my way fully around yet." I asked.

"Hm? Oh sure yea you can just don't go any further then the outskirts without permission." She answered.

"Thanks!" I yelled behind me as I jumped out of the opening to the prey center.

I had already dropped the goat carcasses at the pile of other prey but I still had a piece of one with me.

I landed in a fairly secluded area of the mountain that was covered from on lookers both around the ground area and the sky.

"Little dragonet?" I called out.

Almost instantly there was a ripple in the air infront of me and the dragonet appeared.

I jumped back with a yell and the dragonet giggled their feathers on the back of their head and tail turning pink and yellow.

"Hello!" They squeaked.

"Hi little one I wanted to know if you could answer some of my questions." I asked.

They sat in thought for a moment before answering.

"Sure!" They answered

"Ok can you tell me your name?" I asked.

"Oh yea! My names Kaida!" Kaida exclaimed.

"Kaida? What does that mean?" I wondered out loud.

"Oh Kaida means little dragon." They mumbled annoyed.

"My mama thinks that I'll never grow that big because I was hatched so tiny." Kaida whined their feathers turning orange.

I chuckled then asked my next question.

"Well Kaida are you a boy or a girl it's really hard to tell."

"Oh? I'm a girl!" She said proudly puffing up her chest her feathers rapidly turning deep purple.

(Just so you know Kaida is pronounced how it's spelt Kai-da or Ky-duh)

"Ok thanks and third question why have I never seen anyone from your tribe before?" I questioned.

At this Kaida cringed and looked down with a sad face, feathers turning a deep blue mixed with grey.

"Kaida?" I asked carefully.

Before she could answer someone yelled out my name not far away. Kaida yipped and instantly camouflaged.

"Kaida! Kaida wait!" I whisper yelled.

"There you are!" Dewdrop yelled.

"Shes been looking for you everywhere. Lunch is almost over we have to go to art." Apollo explained.

I quietly growled in frustration but followed them back to the mountain.

(Yay new chapter! And you all now know more about our mystery dragonet! How we feeling about this one? Anyway 1047 words today!)