14- Meet Kaida!

Once we exited the cave and flew for a few minutes I turned to Phoenix.

"Phoenix!" I called out getting his attention over the sound of our wingbeats.

"Whats up?" He asked gliding over next to me and Azter.

I hesitated.

"Kaida knows he's with us she's not shielding her thoughts from me anymore I can hear her." Azter whispered in my ear.

I nodded then spoke to Phoenix with more confidence.

"Theres a dragon you should meet were going to meet her now we didn't wanna say no to you coming with us so you should come and meet her as well." I explained.

Phoenix looked at me confused but said, "...ok...?"

I nodded to Azter and then switched directions. Flying towards the clearing. I could see how confused Phoenix was.

We landed in the circle of trees and for a moment I thought Kaida wasn't here. That was until there was a ripple in the air and she was standing infront of us.

Phoenix jumped back with a yelp of surprise.

"What kind of dragon is that?!" He yelled.

It seemed to scare Kaida however because she looked at me hesitantly slowly turning part of her body invisible.

"Hey hey hey! Kaida it's ok! He won't hurt you!" I said running forward and clutching her small talons.

She wearily started to stop her invisibility ability and nodded. She looked over at Phoenix again and waved slowly before talking.

"Hi I'm Kaida.... um.. I'm a Featherwing.." She slowly said.

Phoenix just looked confused. Thankfully Kaida had seemed to gain more of her confidence because she jumped in again.

"Um!.. another name for our tribe is the Birdwings!... you learned a bit about them in your history class I think..." She explained.

At this Phoenix yelped and looked at me in shock.

"She's from the lost tribe?!" He yelled.

I nodded and kept holding one of Kaida's talons the whole time he was processing this so she wouldn't get scared.

"You can't tell anyone about her!" I added quickly.

Phoenix just nodded. I saw Phoenix's eyes travel looking at Kaida and I saw his eyes lock onto something that looked like a ring on her tail.

"Whats that?" Phoenix asked.

Kaida yelped and hid that part of her tail by ruffling up the feathers there.

"It's nothing!" Kaida yelled.

Phoenix gave her a confused look. Kaida's feathers turned into a mixture of greens and even a tiny bit of white.

Three moons she's scared Rainwings only turn white if their in pain or truly terrified

"Kaida are you.. ok...?" I asked slowly.

I grabbed both of her talons instead of just one and gave her a worried look. Her colors slowly shifted to something less terrified but still scared. She nodded and some of her feathers shifted to a calm blue color.

Azter suddenly sprang upwards and looked scared.

"The others followed us!" She whisper yelled.

"Ack! Firefly my tail! Ompf!" A voice yelled.

Kaida yelped and was instantly invisible. I lost my grip on her talons but could feel her feathers brushing my tail as she hid behind me.

There was a moment of silence before we could hear a sigh and the leaves of the bushes rustled. Out from said bushes three dragons emerged. Pine, Firefly, and Apollo.

By the way Apollo was dragging Pine out of the bushes I could tell he was the one who brought up the idea to follow us. I saw how Firefly's eyes caught the ring that was sitting in the grass since Kaida couldn't camouflage anything she was carrying or wearing.

I quickly flicked my tail to the ground in front of it, careful not to touch Kaida's invisible tail with my tail barb. The thing that confused me was that where expected to see a face of confusion, I saw one of surprise.

I saw little bits of white appearing in the air and quickly shifted my position to properly stand in front of Kaida's small bodyshape.

Heyyyyy guysssss..." Pine said wearily.

All I gave him in return was a deadpan stare which made him gulp and step somewhat behind Apollo. Phoenix and Azter walked up next to me and plopped themselves in front of an invisible Kaida as well.

My antenna picked up Kaida moving behind us and all I could do was hope she didn't run away.

"That was... that ring..." I heard Firefly mumble quietly to herself.

Firefly then violently shook her head as if it would rid her of her confusion and worries. Clearly it didn't. She kept staring at us awestruck. Needless to say, it confused me.

She mentioned Kaida's ring... plus Firefly can see the future.... based off of Kaida's reaction to us seeing that ring it's definitely important... is it possible that it's important enough to be highly involved in the future? Is it Animus touched possibly?

My head swirled through all the possibilities as me, Phoenix, and Azter had a stare off with Pine, Firefly, and Apollo. I decided to read their expressions since at this point we we're just waiting to see who spoke first.

Firefly, bewildered.

Pine, nervous.

Apollo, slightly annoyed.

"I-um I-I I mean um we-um...." Pine stammered.

"Talons and tails you are bad under pressure Pine. Sorry Yucca. Pine convinced us into following you guys and eavesdropping." Apollo interrupted, then explained.

After a moment of silence I spoke.

"....How much-.... How much did you guys hear-?...."

Before any of them could answer a different voice, which after a moment I realized was Kaida, sighed.

"Everything, they heard all of it.... I can hear it in their thoughts..." Kaida mumbled while slowly making herself visible and walking out from behind us.

I looked back over to see their reactions and sure enough they were mostly the same. Minus Firefly, who now looked mostly surprised.

"So it was you..." Firefly said in a surprised voice.

I gave her confused look, alongside everyone else minus Kaida and Azter who had probably gotten the answer of what was going on from their thoughts.

Kaida nodded Solemnly and began to speak.

"Yes I was the mystery dragonet from your prophecy you had...."

(IK IK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS BOOK I'M SURPRISED TO! anyway 1055 words today guys gals and non binary pals!)