10- Art & History

The two bangs echoed through the halls as we landed in the entrance cave. Apollo quickly said his goodbye to Dewdrop as we ran down the hall furthest to the left.

After passing about 5-6 caves Apollo veered left and ran into the cave just as the last bang echoed in the halls.

Sunny greeted us as we entered.

"Ok that should be everyone! So. Today we are going to be making clay sculptures." Sunny said with a smile as bright as her name.

"Copper can you pass these out please?" Sunny asked holding out a few blocks of clay.

Copper, a light orange, tan, and gold Silkwing, happily obliged, walking up to where Sunny was standing and took a few of the clay blocks and passing them out.

There were tables, but I plopped myself onto the ground and started to mold the clay.

After about what I think was an hour I had a sculpture of a wolf with a fair body build and detailed fur.

It hadn't been to difficult. I just carved out the basic body shape first then detailed that shape. After that I shaped the fur and smaller details like eyes.

All to soon Sunny announced that we should start cleaning up. She then walked over to me.

"Hey Yucca do you mind making me some strands of hot silk to dry out the finished sculptures? Were going to paint the finished ones tomorrow." She explained.

"Sure!" I agreed with a smile picking up my wolf.

Sunny led me over to where the sculptures that were finished were. I set mine down with the rest and then produced a very long strand extra hot silk.

I laid it in a large circle around the sculptures and I could instantly see the heat licking the sides of the figures.

"Thanks." Sunny said gratefully.

"No problem." I answered but the last of my sentence was drowned out by three loud bangs sounding throughout the caves.

I said goodbye to Sunny and walked with Apollo to our next class which was bacic history with Webs.

We were gonna be in class with the Gold Winglet today. Dewdrop bounded up to us halfway there.

"Hi!" She yelled.

Apollo chuckled and Dewdrop launched into a story about how cool plants were and how nice Jambou was and her new friend Xate who was a Leafwing and how he had told her all about the plants In the poison jungle back on Pantala.

Apollo listened with extreme patience as she excitedly told him all about her class. As they entered the history cave I was surprised by the smell.

It smelled like fresh scrolls and cinnamon. A half asleep Seawing who looked roughly to be in his 50s if I had to guess.

He had two large candles burning far away the scrolls which I could only guess were the source of the cinnamon scent.

He greeted us in a tired and raspy voice. I sat down in the back a seat away from a friendly looking Leafwing.

Dewdrop darted next to me and sat down next to him talking about some plant I didn't recognize.

She seems happy to see him and their talking about plants thats probably Xate the dragon she told us about earlier.

I looked forward and Webs had apparently asked Apollo to hand out some scrolls because he was now doing that handing one to each dragonet in the cave before handing the extras back to Webs and squashing himself in the seat next to me.

As Webs began drowning on about the scorching my mind snapped into a question that started burning my tongue the longer I wait to ask it.

Finally I broke to the tension and swung my talons into the air. Webs paused when he saw my talons raised.

"Yes...?" He asked confused.

I started talking before I even took the time to think fully of the question.

"Has there ever been..." I paused and started over rephrasing my question. "Erm... I mean is there any stories from the time of the scorching that included... Er... other.. tribes..?"

Webs look at me confused for a moment before speaking again.

"Well if you mean Pantala dragons then no. Becasue at the time they were just stories told to young dragonets as fantasy and theories."

I winced at Webs misunderstanding of the question.

"No erm..... not.. them... I mean like... other other tribes of dragon... like ones that weren't from either of the two known continents....?" I asked.

Webs scoffed and answered my question.

"Well yes but they were just theories just as the Pantala dragons were, and although we now know they were real as there are some of them in the room with us now, the other tribe that was believed to exist was based off a weak theory with close to no evidence."

I stopped and thought for a moment.

"But you said close to no evidence that means there was some right? What was it?" I questioned.

Webs sighed and had a look on his face that told me he knew this was a losing battle and continued to answer me.

The rest of the dragonets in the cave had gone very quite and were listening intently to Webs now.

"They had found feathers much to large for birds and one of them was a mixture of colors that didn't belong to any bird the specifics have been lost to time but they believed that there was a feather covered tribe out there somewhere they called them Birdwings."

He looked around and saw how the class was now hanging on to his every word. Sighing annoyingly again he started speaking again.

"If the Birdwings did ever exist it's extremely unlikely that their tribe is still alive today because we would have found more evidence to their existence. Now. We shall continue where we were originally." He explained then said sternly rolling out his scroll a little more.

Webs isn't going to tell me anything useful he obviously doesn't believe in the story I'll have to ask Starflight and Cricket if they have any scrolls on them.

With that now over Webs continued to talk about the scorching his voice monotone and boring I could see multiple dragons looking like they were about to pass out.

Finally the Bangs sounded through the halls signaling the end of class and the start of our free period.

I like the rest of the dragonets were happy to finally be able to leave the boring cave. I ran straight to the library ignoring Apollo asking me where I was going.

(Heyo!!! How we feeling today? Has it been a good day for you guys? My days been pretty meh but I got a new chapter for you guys!!! Anywho 1141 words today wahoo!!)