11- Learning About The Tribe

"Hi Starflight." I said as I ran into the room.

Starflight jumped a bit having been distracted and not heard me coming.

"...Yucca..?" He asked.

"Yup anyway I need your help finding a scroll please." I answered.

"Sure what scroll I'm sure we have it and if we don't we can get it." Starflight responded happily.

"Thanks. Anywho I was wondering if you had any old or updated scrolls on the Birdwing theory?" I asked quickly.

"The Birdwings? Why that theory was never confirmed and it's more of a fantasy story now." Starflight asked confused.

"I brought up the idea of another tribe during history and Webs told me about them." I said simply.

"Hmm.. well ok.. I think we have an old copy of a scroll that had the theories on Birdwings. Moonwatcher found the scroll in the oldest Night Kingdom while she was there. It was fairly old and falling apart but we were able to copy it down." Starflight thought out loud.

I followed him over to the fiction based fantasy shelves and after a moment of feeling the grooves on the wood there Starflight plucked out a newish looking scroll.

"That should be it. Is it labeled Birdwings The Lost Tribe?" He asked thoughtfully.

Rolling it over in my talons as he handed it to me I saw the title. The scroll was bound in dark brown leather and the title was engraved as well as painted over In gold.

"Yup." I confirmed after reading it.

I followed Starflight back to the main desk. He walked behind it and started feeling around under the desk.

"Here's your library stamp you'll use that to show you've returned a scroll. Speaking of can you hand me the scroll for a second?" He said.

I handed the scroll to Starflight as he handed me my library stamp. He unscrewed a cover at the end of the scroll and it revealed a dark stamp.

He felt around under his desk again for a moment then pulled out a scroll that I noticed had my name carved in the bottom.

He unrolled it then pressed the end of the scroll down on the paper and when he removed it there was the scrolls name in very tiny and dark letters.

Starflight then screwed the cover back over the scrolls stamp and handed it to me.

"There that's all for the scroll but you should have a bag to carry them around in." He said while handing me a bag with lots of straps.

"Let me know if you need help putting it on it can get very confusing." He finished.

"Thanks!" I yelled as I flew over to an elevated wood platform that had a silk hammock hanging from the bottom while the top was covered in blankets.

I settled myself in the hammock. It was fairly comfy. Plus unlike the blankets it wasn't scratchy. The silk slid around under my scales without getting caught on them.

I heard a flurry of small wingbeats but no one was there.

"Leopard?" I asked first so hopefully if it was a different Rainwing they would correct me.

When I heard Kaida's voice above me whisper "It's me." I jumped and nearly fell out of the hammock.

"Was that you Yucca? Are you ok?" Starflight called out.

"Umm yeah it was me I'm ok!" I answered.

I then switched to whispering.

"Kaida?" I asked.

After a moment Kaida's head materialized on the wood platform above me leaning over the side as she nodded.

Her head almost instantly disappeared again.

"Is that scroll about my tribe?" She questioned quietly.

"Yea they call you Birdwings though." I answered.

After a moment Kaida responded.

"Well lets read it and see how much they got right."

I unrolled the scroll to see a large picture that was roughly scribbled and looked like it was made by someone who wasn't a great artist.

It looked kinda like Kaida but very different colors and alot older. I rolled it out more to read the description for the picture.

Birdwings were believed to look like this. The picture is based off of a sighting of the possible new tribe from a Nightwing named Nightseer.

Their powers seem to be related to all tribes though the sightings of this tribe have occasionally said that they have stingers on their wrists or were able to shoot silk.

The tribe has not been sighted in over 4 years (see: sightings) though and even then the sightings were multiple years apart.

The tribe is believed to have died out due to a tsunami that hit the cliff areas they were believed to inhabit.

I snorted.

"What is it?" Kaida asked.

"They said your tribe was probably wiped out by a tsunami." I answered.

"Oh yea I remember stories about that. It nearly did wipe us out. Some were able to survive due to the help of two Conjurer twins though." She answered but for some reason she had something dark in her tone when mentioning the Conjurer twins.

I twisted my neck to look up to where I thought she was and looked there curiously.

Again annoyingly I didn't have time to ask about it because the bangs once again echoed in the halls.

I sighed knowing that Kaida wouldn't have time to explain it. Instead I got an idea.

"Kaida how long can you stay camouflaged?" I questioned.

"All day." She answered confidentiality.

"Follow me around for now I can tell your afraid of the other dragons but mabye if you spend time around them even without them knowing your there they'll be less scary to you." I explained.

Kaida didn't answer for a moment and for a second I thought she had already left.

"Ok..." she agreed hesitantly.

I smiled in her direction as I hopped out of the hammock spreading my wings to slow my fall.

I heard Kaida do the same and was glad she was going to stick to what she said.

I dropped the scroll into my bag Starflight had given me and ran out of the cave saying a quick goodbye to him.

(Yay 1043 words! What do yall think about this chapter? I'm not super sure about it. TuT)