Chapter 1

(Sun Wukong's POV)

     Today has been a pretty good day! MK is coming stronger in training. The city is safe after the rule of the Lady Bone Demon. It's kind of funny to think that we actually defeated her for good and almost died. Haha! I've heard Sandy started working with Pigsy to make deliveries across the lake. And Macaque is somewhere. Exploring the outside world we yet don't know about.

     I'm lying on my little comfy cloud, eating some peach-flavored chips before a little shadow from above me grew bigger. I stood up, trying to get a better look at it. It was a figure of feathers of fire.

     Wait...

     Feathers of fire!?

     I quickly jumped off my cloud and ran to my house but was cut off by a pair of thin legs and sharp talons of a heron bird of fire. I squeaked in nervousness.

     "H-Hey, B-B-Bennu! H-How's it been?" I stuttered, shaking like I just walked out of an ice cube. The bird raised an eyebrow in whatever expression or emotion. I can't tell a fuckin' bird's expression! As I thought of the worst coming from this particular bird, I noticed a scroll was held in his beak.

     "I-Is that for me?" I asked, sweating bullets everywhere. Bennu blinked before calmly nodding and bending forward. I held out my hands as the bird of fire dropped the scroll in my hands. I was about to open it and read it but caught sight of the Jade Emperor's seal.

     "WHAT!?"

-

(MK's POV)

     After delivering the last order, I took a seat next to Tang, who was eating his noodles like any other day. While Pigsy is yelling at him. I smiled as I relaxed in my chair before the door burst open to see my best friend, Mei.

     "Mei!" I greeted excitedly.

     "MK!" She greeted me back as she pounced into a hug with me. She squeezed me tight before asking me how my day was. I was about to answer when Monkey King ran through the door and picked me up.

     "Kid! I need your help!" He yelled, acting as if he saw a ghost.

     "Woah! Monkey King! What help are we talking about? Is the Spider Queen coming back? Or is it something more dangerous?" I asked, curious and excited to know that he needs help. He scratches the back of his neck before mumbling something under his breath.

     "What? Can you speak up? I couldn't hear you," I politely requested. Monkey King groaned before pulling me close and whispering into my ear. "The Jade Emperor is requesting me to go to Egypt."

     I gasped loudly in shock.

     "YOU'RE GOING TO E-!" I yelled and got cut off by Monkey King's hand.

     "You're going somewhere?" Pigsy asked, confused about why the Monkey King was acting strange.

     "Where is this somewhere!?" Mei popped in between me and Monkey King. Monkey King sighed and nervously answered, "The Jade Emperor highly requested that I would travel to Egypt-"

     "EGYPT!?" Tang and Mei gasped with excitement.

     "Ohmigosh! The legends over there are incredible! Many treasures yet to be found within the sands of their land!" Tang added, his eyes shining like stars.

     "I've heard they got amazing food and tours about the pyramids!" Mei added before gasping, clasping her hands to the Monkey King's face. "Will there be an alien?"

     "A what?" Monkey King asked, looking at Mei with confusion, disgust, and worry.

     "Can we come!?" Mei, Tang and I asked with stars in our eyes.

     "Sorry, Bud. The Jade Emperor requested me and only me. It's too dangerous. Especially when the message came from the King of Heaven himself," Monkey King announced, making his point clear to make sure that no one will come. Just then, a big bird with bright feathers flew into the shop.

     "What the hell is there a bird in my shop!?" Pigsy yelled as he grabbed a broom and started swinging it at the big bird.

     "Stop swinging that damn broom, Piggy!" Monkey King shouted as he tried to rip the broom out of Pigsy's hands.

     "It's Pigsy, Sunny!" Pigsy yelled out.

     "It's Sun to you, Piggy!" Monkey King growled. I leaped for cover with Mei and Tang. Suddenly, the big bird perched itself on the counter. Pigsy was about to swing at it when Monkey King blocked it.

     "Stop! He's with me!"

     ...

     "What?"

     Monkey King sighed before he turned to the bird.

     "Well..." Monkey King began as the bird gently shook its head in disappointment.

     "After many millennials of being immortal, you still can't do the simplest task," the bird said.

"THE BIRD TALKS!?" Everyone, including me, gasped in shock. Monkey King nervously laughs before explaining.

     "Okay! Everyone! This is Bennu. He is the Bird of Fire in Egypt. He delivered a message from Egypt to the Jade Emperor, who wants me to go with," Monkey King paused as he turned to look at the bird, "him, to stop some dangerous beasts in Egypt before everything consumes in their darkness to travel to our home." Everyone stayed silent for a moment.

     "So," I began, "you're going only to stop dangerous beasts that you have no idea of what they're capable of?" Bennu turned his head to Monkey King as the said monkey was left so scared of the bird that he was speechless.

     "You didn't tell them?" Bennu asked, sounding both confused and disappointed.

     "Tell us what?" Mei asked, her hand scratching her chin. Bennu sighed as he lift his wing to cover his beak in disapproval.

     "The letter from the King of the Heavens says that he has requested Sun Wukong, the Monkie Kid, and their closest disciples. You know, the ones that fought together to defeat the Lady Bone Demon?" Bennu said with a bit of salt to the wound. Monkey King scratched the back of his head before crossing his arms.

     "Well, I think they are not ready to fight off those beasts you have back at home! They only defeated one powerful demon while defeating millions of demons!" Monkey King said, trying to make a point.

     "You became allies with Princess Iron Fan, the Bull Demon King, and their son with the help of these mortals! Not to mention the Six-Eared Macaque!" Bennu argued, his feathers glowing brighter like the sparks in a fire.

     "If I say they are not ready, they're not coming!" Monkey King argued back, showing some of his teeth. Bennu sighed, calming down his feather's brightest before responding, "Not everyone is ready for everything. If they just go with you to Egypt, they will learn how to fight the beasts back." Monkey King sighed before mumbling something under his breath.

     "Excuse me? I didn't quite hear that," Bennu asked as he used his beak to scratch one of his wings.

     "I said, fine," Monkey King groaned, pouting like a kid not getting a piece of candy.

     "Wonderful," Bennu replied with a little nod before turning to us. "Pack your things. You're going to Egypt." Everyone cheered in happiness, except for Pigsy. He growled but complied. Just then, Bennu hopped off the counter and started walking towards the exit.

     "Wait! Mr. Bennu!" I called out as the bird stopped.

     "Yes, Child?" He asked, turning around to face me.

     "You're not coming with us?" The bird let out a soft chuckle as his feather burned brightly.

     "I'm here to give a message and to make sure that the foolish monkey follows orders correctly. The journey to Egypt will have to be you, Child. It's not my responsibility," Bennu answered. I nodded in agreement.

     "Now, if you'll exit me," he hopped into the air and started flapping his wings, "I have one more message to send. I'll see you at the Gate!" And just like that, the Bird of Fire flew away.