Chapter 5

(???'s POV)

Those fucking idiots...

-

(MK's POV)

As the sand started to sink underneath our camel, Mei tried to get us out of the sinking sand. But our camel was getting stuck in the sand and won't go any faster. I started screaming in fear.

Just then, something white and sharp came out of the sand. Slowly growing out of the sinking sand. I looked down to see growing darkness.

"Are we in a mouth!?"

-

(Macaque's POV)

The kid started to sink into the sand quickly. As I was about to jump in, a huge circle surrounded the kid. The circle then started to grow out of the sand.

"What the hell is that thing!?" I shouted in confusion, fear, & disgust. As this weird thing continued to grow, Eyth ran by me and threw something that looked like an old dirty sword. The sword was thrown to the lip of this thing. It cried in a pain. Screamed as if it came from a dragon.

Or something bigger.

Eyth ran up to the huge creature in the sand and hopped inside its mouth as it screamed. Just before I could run after him, he ran back out with MK and the dragon girl just as the thing shut its mouth. Making a loud thump before quickly disappearing into the sand once more. The earth shook as the thing left the scene. Wukong ran up to MK, pushing Mei to the side, and checking the kid's body like a worried parent.

"Are you okay, kid? It didn't hurt you, right?"

Before MK could answer, Eyth slapped his hand over the monkey's mouth. Wukong tried to push Eyth's hand away, but Eyth held his hand there. Gripping onto Wukong's cheeks, looking at him with fueled anger.

Like...he knew him.

Eyth brought a finger up to his lips, signaling him to be silent.

"Now," he whispered, "we travel in complete silence. Understood?"

Wukong nervously nodded his head before Eyth turned to look at the kids. They copied Wukong, too scared to open their mouths again. Eyth then motioned me to come closer. I quietly but quickly speed-walked up to the man who knows what was going on.

He faced me and whispered in my ears, "One time offer: you ride with me. Or the kid is with you for the remainder of the trip."

I thought carefully. The kid is nice to have around, but he can be unbearable at times. Like following introductions or staying quiet for 5 minutes.

Eyth...

He knows what he's doing. I peeked a glance toward Eyth. He looks pretty annoyed by the two kids' actions. And I can't imagine how he's going to deal with riding with the guy on thin ice.

I sighed before whispering back, "I'll deal with him. You can take the girl."

Eyth nods before turning to Wukong. He pointed at the peach monkey, then the dragon girl before backing at the monkey. Wukong was about to complain as my ear twitched at the sound of leather rubbing together.

I quickly teleported to Wukong's side and covered his mouth. "Deal with it," I whispered before feeling something wet and warm on my hand. I pulled my hand away from Wukong, about to shout before slapping my other hand over my mouth. Wukong stuck his tongue out at me, making me bite on my tongue, preventing me to growl and the urge to strangle him. Eyth walked in the middle of us, giving both of us a stern look.Showing that he was tired and very impatient to continue traveling with us. I put my hands up in defeat as I started walking to my camel. Wukong follows suit.