Chapter 6

(MK's POV)

"...id?"

My head hurts. Did I hit it against a wall again?

"Kid? Kid, wake up!" That voice...

"Mon-Monkey King?" I asked as I slowly opened my eyes.

"Oh, thank the Gods you're okay!" Monkey King cried as he pulled me into a hug before patting me down. "Are you okay? Any bruises or broken bones?"

"Yeah, I'm okay," I replied with a smile, rubbing the back of my head. "Just a slight headache. Did I hit my head on something?"

"You hit your head!?" Monkey King shouted in panic and went to check my head before sighing in relief. "Okay. Just a bump and no bleeding."

Okay, this is weird. Monkey King can be protective now and then. But this is a bit too much. Did he hit his head too? I pushed him off and looked around. The walls looked like old hard blocks of sand. Flaming pieces of wood hang on the walls like lights in a hallway or room.

"Are we," I began, "in the temple?"

Monkey King hummed as he went up to 1 of the hard sandy stoned pillared walls and licked it. Before spitting.

"Yep! We're in the temple!"

My eyes opened wide as I quickly covered Monkey King's mouth.

"Hey! What-!" I shushed him, only to be met with silence. Monkey King tries to push my hand off of his mouth but I kept it there, waiting if that weird light is coming back. After about 2 minutes, nothing happened. No flicker of the fire or swift of the wind.

Nothing.

I let go of Monkey King's mouth. Weird.

"What was that, bud?" Monkey King asked me. I looked at him confused, tilting my head to the side.

"What you said. Something about being weird, right? I know that white light did something and separated us, but I don't see the problem. You wanted to find the Gate. We're inside. We can find the Gate and meet the others there," Monkey King explained with a confident smile on his face. I thought for a moment. It would help us save time to find the Gate than to find everyone and look together and then the Gate.

And besides, I got Monkey King! He can help me get out of a trap whenever I need him.

"You're right!" I said. I pulled out the staff and started walking forward, passing Monkey King.

"We can find that Gate in no time!"

-

(??? POV)

I held back a small chuckle as a small grin grew on my face. He's a fool. It's child's play. Almost as easy as holding a dagger.

-

(Sun Wukong's POV)

"Ow, my head," I groaned as I pushed myself up into a sitting position with a hand on my head. As soon as I let go of my forehead, a sharp headache hit my head like the hardest hit I've ever felt. I quickly covered my forehead before hearing someone else groan.

Well, more 2 someone.

I looked over to see Tang and Pigsy.

"Get off of me!" Pigsy yelled as Tang jumped away from him. "I'm so sorry, Pigsy! I didn't mean to!"

I cut off what they said for the rest as I looked around, standing up a bit. We're inside the temple with the lit torches of the warm fire and dark hallways made out of hard, old sandstone. I looked down to see the ground dusted with sand. As I went to touch the sand, the flash of the torch made something appear. I glanced over to see a wall with pictures. I looked at the pictures closing before Tang pushed me to the side, loudly gasping in awe.