Chapter 8

(??? POV)

     As much as I would love to make them turn into mock, I need them. But there's no harm in having a bit of fun, right?

     I lowly chuckled as I continued watching the kids run around in fear.

     Especially that screaming Monkey King.

-

(Macaque's POV)

     Eyth and I have been walking through the halls, avoiding the wrong turns and stepping on the wrong titles to set off a trap. I kind of felt like a child being dragged around the mall with my mother. I felt dumb to Eyth. He's just a scared boy who just wants to help as many people as he can in the best way possible. The fact that he's here leading the way with the fear of seeing the Gatekeeper to help us is braver than any human I've encountered would've done.

     Eventually, Eyth pushed me against the wall with his arm, his back facing me. Before I could ask, I saw MK get thrown across the room. I rushed over to him, "Kid! Are you alright? No concussions? No broken bones?"

     "Hi, Maca! Haw re ou!" MK answered, sounding like he had taken brain damage.

     "Kid!" I yelled out as he passed out in my arms. I tried to wake him up before I heard, "Macaque?" I looked over at Eyth to see fear painted on his face a bright green light was cast onto his skin. I looked behind me to see something disturbing. A giant blob of slime and ink with bright glowing green eyes all over itself. "Oh!" MK spoke up, looking and sounding like he's been drinking, "Hi!"

     The blob's eyes sharpened at us like a thousand blades and started moving. A line split itself in half as a hole was open and the scream of a creature in pain cried from inside.

     "Run!" I yelled as I tossed MK over my shoulder and grabbed onto Eyth's wrist and ran the fuck out of there. As we ran, the blob followed us. It's a lot faster than I thought it would be. I asked Eyth as we ran down the halls and took different turns, "What the hell is that fucking thing!?"

     "I don't know! I've never seen anything like it before!" He answered as he slid on his knees to avoid a random arrow shooting from a little hole in the wall in front of me. We took the next left as the blob screamed at us, getting closer to us than it was before. I could feel its hot breath breathe against my back, close enough to take a chomp at my cape. I yelped as I was pulled from the ground. I looked behind me and only saw a bright green eye staring at me with hunger like it hadn't eaten for days. Maybe years? But as the blob opened its mouth, revealing an endless hole of black, something touched its eye.

     The blob winced and close its mouth, looking at Eyth below, who was holding a stick like a bat, shaking in paralyzed fear. Eyth was holding strong, but not strong enough as he started backing away when the lights of the halls dimmed. Consuming us in the dark before I heard Eyth scream in terror.

     "Eyth?" I called out after a moment of silence passed. "Eyth!" I called again.

     No response but the growl from the blob's stomach. It opened its mouth again and dropped me in.

-

(MK's POV)

     I slowly woke up to the sound of something muffled. As I sat up, my head started hurting like I was thrown into a wall. I placed a hand on my head to stop my head from spinning and looked up. My eyes widened in shock and fear.

     In front of me were 6 large tubes of bright green holding 6 people inside. They were moving like they were being attacked or living in their nightmares. I looked around but only to find myself alone. "M..!" A muffled voice cried. I slowly turned around and took a closer look at one of the giant tubes. The figure looked familiar before it spoke again.