Ch1 Changing the Timeline

"Class is over! Remember, tomorrow is the graduation exam! Remember to practice the three basic jutsus! And don't be late!"

Iruka stormed out of the noisy classroom. Tomorrow is the exam, and unbeknownst to the students, he was actually the most nervous one. Graduating means sending them off onto the battlefield, which is not a safe place to be. Numerous genins have failed to live past their first C rank. Iruka knew many of his students doesn't need his worrying, like Uchiha Sasuke for example. But some does, like Haruno Sakura, who's book-smart but terrible at Taijutsu. She can pass the exam, Iruka's sure about that, but her fangirl personality may lead her to her doom.

The student who worried him the most, however, was Uzumaki Naruto, the Kyuubi host. His taijutsu skills were barely average, genjutsu skills were non-existent, knowledge about the ninja world was below average, and ninjutsu skills were average, which was only due to the fact that he could produce a solid transformation and a proficient kawarimi. All these poor marks earned him the 'deadlast' title in the class.

Unlike the other students, Naruto had failed the graduation exam two times already (because he stupidly thought that he can pass it when he's only three years into the academy and being the 'deadlast'). Both were due to the fact that he couldn't perform a workable clone. This year, Iruka has mentioned the words "chakra control" more often than usual, hoping Naruto can get the hint and practice controlling his massive chakra. Telling Naruto in a more straightforward manner won't work on him, because he never listens. To him, pranks were always a number one priority on his list of things-to-do (unbelievably that did earn him fantastic stealth).

If Naruto failed the exam this time, then he would lose his chance to become a ninja forever. Iruka couldn't help but worry about his favorite student's fate.

Walking around the corner, Iruka quickly twisted out of the way before bumping into the person.

"I'm so sorry! Are you al-"

"Iruka-sensei?"

Iruka looked up. Standing in front of him with a wide, familiar smile on his face was Uzumaki Naruto, the one causing him the headache that has been forming.

"Naruto? What are you doing here near the teacher's lounge?"

"I want to ask you something, Iruka sensei." Naruto whispered, "do you know what jutsu we will need to perform tomorrow, for the exam?"

"Naruto! I can't tell you that!" Iruka jumped back, eyes widening.

"Eh~? Not even a hint?"

"No means no. It's against the rules."

"So if there're no rules, does that mean you will tell me?" Naruto smirked in a foxy manner.

"Urgh-"

Damn, who knew Naruto can be quite sneaky?

"Fine then, I'll go ask Mizuki sensei then." Naruto sighed dramatically. "And here I was thinking my favorite sensei can provide me help when everyone else just shunned me away."

Hearing that made Iruka frown sorrowfully. "I'm sorry Naruto, but as your teacher I can't help you cheat. I'm sure Mizuki sensei will say that too."

"Who knows? Maybe Mizuki sensei will help me, since my passing the exam means I will no longer be in his class, which I'm sure will make him all happy and giddily seeing how much he hates me."

If Iruka was surprised that Naruto knew Mizuki hated him, he didn't show.

"Anyway, good luck then. Be sure to practice your clone jutsu more, that's what you're poorest at." Iruka said, hoping Naruto would get the hint. He wasn't expecting an approval, but he did.

"Thanks for the advice, Iruka sensei. I knew it, my chakra control is terrible. Well, see you tomorrow!"

Iruka watched Naruto skip away with a confused expression. Did Naruto just listened to his lecture and...and...agreed to it?

He seriously needed a drink right now.

"I'm home!"

Naruto shouted as he opened the door with a loud 'bang'.

"When did my compound become your home?" Sasuke grunted, fingers flying across the keyboard of a transformed, more advanced computer.

"Since day one." Naruto glanced at the pile of...well...junk next to Sasuke. "What are those for?"

"These are gonna help us perform."

"Those junks?"

"You'll be surprised at what they can create." Sasuke said, eyes not leaving the monitor screen. "Learned that from Sharaku (1). Quite an useful quirk, that is, though odd it may be."

"'The Prince of Darkness'?"

"Yes, that Sharaku. Remember that loop where I helped him destroy the world?"

"And killed me in the process? Of course I remember it."

"Not my fault! He's the one who did it. Besides, all boys would choose a girl over a boy."

"So if you have to choose between Sakura and I, you would choose her?"

"Obviously, since you and I are immortal in a sense. If I killed you, I'd just see you in our next loop again. So no big deal."

"You're evil!"

"Thanks for the compliment."

"Anyway, I gotta go." Naruto said as he opened Sasuke's wardrobe, ignoring the raven's protests, and took out a shinobi black shirt and trouser.

"What are you doing?"

"Changing the timeline a little. Failing the graduation exam 100 times can cause one brain trauma, you know." Naruto changed quickly and attached his weapon pouch to his leg.

"Try avoiding troubles."

"Troubles usually find me, mother."

"Then kick it away like Kubinashi's head (2)."

"Got it, mother!"

AN: As you can see, this fic will have many anime references because Naruto and Sasuke have traveled to many anime worlds in their looping (including our world). It's alright if you don't get some of the hidden jokes, since they won't affect the overall plot.

(1) Sharaku: He's the main character in "The Three-Eyed One" by Osamu Tezuka, who's known to be the "Godfather of Anime." Sharaku's the last descendant of the 'Three-Eyed Ones', and in order to stop him from showing his true, evil side, his 'father' covered his third eye with a X-shaped bandage.

Whenever the bandage is peeled off (mostly by using oil), he will start his plans to 'take over the world' aka destroy everything he sees. He has an odd tendency to use materials from the trash to build technologies that can help him take over the world.

(2) Kubinashi's head: Kubinashi is a youkai who doesn't have a neck, so his head floats around. In some scenes other youkai's would kick his head around lol. He's from the anime "Nurarihyon no Mago."