Should I stay or should I go

Warnings: Mentions of physical and mental abuse, reader gets a serious injury, strong language, drugging for medical reasons, kinda kidnapping if you squint, not proof read

You've been planning this for months now. Your bags are packed and you're in your car. You've gotten rid of your phone long ago now, not that it was hard your ex boyfriend River made it a point for you to see him smash the phone against the side of a table then throw it at your, hitting your cheek and cutting it open. He's left you with scars, both physical and mental. But you're free, finally you're fucking free. You've long since left the state, telling him you're going out to a store before telling the police that you're not missing. 

You've got no friends to stay with, no family either. He made you cut them all off long ago so you'd be alone with him. But you're finally fucking free. It's a snowy night tonight. Nearing Christmas, not that you really celebrate. The first year with your boyfriend he got you diet pills. He said it was a gag gift but then again he never got you anything else. After that he never got you anything. But you were to give him gifts. That's the thing with him. He never shows his love until you try to leave.

When you do try to leave is when he gets violent. First threatening to hurt himself then actually hurting you. But you always forgave him. Now if you ever see him again you know what you'll do. If he ever tries to lay his filthy hands on you again than he's going to get a taste of what he's done to you. But for now you can look forward to the small cabin you've gotten yourself. Maybe you can buy yourself something too. Finding a job won't be hard in this small town, but dodging the questions about the brusies will be. 

You've already got excuses on how they got there. You worked a pretty physical job so it was easy to brush it off as just getting roughed up at work. But now you're going to be facing a lot more questions from everyone. Maybe you can lie and say you were an mma fighter before you moved. Or that you went camping and things got out of hand. Whatever the reason you just pray that no one will press the issue. 

You pull yourself back into the moment. Some Christmas song is playing on the radio. It's turned down pretty quiet but loud enough to where you can still hear some of the words. You hum along to the tune looking around at the dark trees surrounding you on this dark secluded road. It makes you nervous. Almost anxious. Just waiting for something to jump out and grab you. Like a predator stalking its prey. Waiting for the smaller animal to slip up just enough so they can go in for the kill. You feel like you're being watched in a way. Like all the animals out in those snowy woods are looking at you, waiting for you. To do what? You're not sure, you just know you have to calm down before-

You slam on the brakes when something jumps in front of your car. You look back to find a fluffy dog. It's big and looks like a mutt, but still has thick enough fur to be able to be comfortable outside. You can also see a collar on its neck. Thankfully with a tag. You unbuckle your seat belt before grabbing your coat and sliding it on as you step out of the car. 

"Hey buddy," You say to the dog who's looking at you now, "Are you lost? Maybe I can get you home." You crouch down and hold out a hand. The dog approches you cautiously. It smells your hand before looking over at the woods and running off. You stand up and think for a moment. The dog could know it's way home. But what if it doesn't? You should probably go help it right? You argue with yourself while you unconsciously grab a flashlight and a hunting knife from your glove compartment. You keep your car parked and running as you follow after the dog. You can still see it's brown fur sticking out from the sparkling white snow. 

"Buddy come here!" You shout, "I just wanna help!" The snow reaches up to your mid shin. It's said to snow even more later, almost up to two whole feet. The light from your car slowly fades as you run after the dog. Snow starts to seep into your jeans, chilling your legs. You can see your breath and your fingers are starting to become numb. God you shouldn't have done this. But you're too deep now to go and turn back. You hear a loud snap and you turn your light in that direction for a moment. After not finding anything you look back and you can't see the dog anymore. With a sigh you walk a few more yards before giving up. You take a few steps to the left when you feel a harsh stabbing pain enter your right leg.