Halloween

Sorry this took so long to get out, I wanted to make the Halloween chapter for this fic extra special and I ended up making it almost twice as long as my other chapters, word count wise. Anyway I hope you enjoy.

This chapter's song is Halloween by Siouxsie and the Banshees. 

It's four in the morning when you wake up to someone standing in your doorway. You sit up and before you can turn on your light they're walking away. You groan and grab a jacket before you start to follow them. It's too dark to tell who it is. You're putting your jacket when they walk outside into the backyard.

You follow them into the rain outside. But this feels weird, you don't exactly feel the cold, wet grass under your feet, or the rain hitting you in a normal way. It almost feels like you're in a dissociative state. But you keep following them. You follow them into the woods and you start to notice some details about them.

They look dirty, very dirty, almost decaying. Their clothes, their outfits looks familiar. So does their hair. You stop walking and they turn around, still too dark for you to see.

"Who are you?" You ask, your voice not exactly sounding like your own. Lightning flashes and you see who they are. River. "No. You're dead! You're dead!"

"You killed me." He says, tilting his head. His face, half of his face and jaw is missing, exposing his face and teeth. He looks more zombie than human. It takes a few moments for you to process what's happening but you eventually get your voice again.

"You raped me!" You shout at him, not moving from where you are. He doesn't move either but you can feel his disgusting gaze on you. "I don't regret what I did! Lord knows you would have done that to someone else!" You shout at him. Pushing your rain soaked hair out of your face.

"That's what you think happened." He says, moving his head back up again. "I'll be visiting you tonight. You'll get what you deserve."

"Oh you deserved a lot worse than what you got." You growl at him. Another flash of lightning and you feel pressure on your fingers. You look down at your right hand and find your fingers contorted. Like the time he broke them with his carelessness. But there's no pain like before.

"Y/N." Someone says, you look back up and River is gone. "Y/N." They say again. You look around and find no one.

"What?" You ask, your voice echoing a bit.

"Can you hear me Y/N?" The voice asks again. It sounds... so familiar.

You open your eyes and gasp for air a bit. You're in the woods. The cold hits you first. You're in the woods, standing barefoot in the mud, drenched in rain. The sun is barely starting to rise. You're still in your sleep clothes. You're shivering when you look over and find Will at your side.

"Y/N are you ok?" He asks, holding onto your hand. You look down and find your fingers are normal.

"I um... I think I was sleepwalking." You say, pushing some of your rain drenched hair out of your face.

"Let's get you inside before you freeze or catch something." He says, holding your hand as he walks with you back home. Your feet squish and ache under the mud of the forest floor. Your clothes are sticking to your body and you feel extremely cold overall. "I guess everyone is entitled to one good scare today." Will mumbles, trying to lighten the mood.

"Why? What's today?" You ask, looking over at him.

"It's Halloween." He replies. You smile and nod your head. Halloween, Halloween, Halloween. Your first Halloween away from him and he's still found a way to bother you. But you're not going to let him ruin your favorite day of the year. You're not going to let him win.