Three

.

.

.

"Uhh, he caught me again!" Emma whined, banging her fists on the grass in frustration. "Whyy? So frustrating!"

The four of them were sitting under the tree after Norman and Emma finished a long round of tag with the kids. Y/n is back in her tree, hanging upside down as her hair dangled, Emma was lying stomach on the ground, and Ray and Norman were sitting under the tree.

 Y/n is back in her tree, hanging upside down as her hair dangled, Emma was lying stomach on the ground, and Ray and Norman were sitting under the tree

"Question," Ray spoke, earning the orange-haired girl's attention. "What does Norman have that you don't?"

Emma hummed, thinking hard. "Hmm... the ability to plan ahead? Calmness? Overwhelming intelligence?"

"Strategy," Ray revealed, Y/n also listening in as he put his book to the side. "If it's about physical ability, you have the upper hand. But Norman is strong here, like no other," he pointed to his forehead, motioning to the brain. "You're playing tag. It's a game where you compete with strategy."

Emma squinted her eyes. "A simple game of tag?"

"It's like chess," Ray referred. "But using your entire body."

"Isn't that right, Norman?" Ray asked the albino beside him, who was listening politely the entire time.

"Yeah," Norman said. "But you're a better technician than me, Ray."

"You overestimate me," Ray said, flustered at Norman's comment.

Emma looked at the ground. "Reading the enemy's moves, huh," she considered.

Norman had a pleasant, calming smile on his face. "But, we are not even close when it comes to Mom."

"That's true," Emma added. "We've never beaten her in chess."

She smiled, a smile that could rival the sun's heat with how bright it was.