Eight

Surprise! It's your favourite bitch back from the dead! I know you missed me don't hide it.

Since it has been a while I recommend you read the first few previous chapters so you remember where we are in the story better. Just my personal suggestion but you do not have to.

There is an a/n at the bottom of this chapter that is really important so I recommend you read it. Enjoy the long-awaited chapter :)

~~~

"Ne" - "Hey"

Antenna - Emma

Slight KNY Manga Spoilers

TW - pictures of hurt and blistered hands. If for whatever reason you are uncomfortable, please skip said image.

.

.

"This was a good idea, Norman," Emma complimented, unbuttoning the bottom of her white shirt to reveal the item. "Using tablecloths."

"This can be used as rope," Norman stated, holding his own tablecloth in his hands. It was now the next day, and the two were in the forest once again, with the sky being especially cloudy you could guess it could rain at any minute. Breakfast had been not too long ago, so the pair had all the time in the world before the bell rang for lunch.

"With this, we can get over the wall," Emma said with a smile, hoping down from the tree she had just placed the tied-up tablecloths in.

Norman turned to face the concrete wall in front of them. "Okay. The challenge is still ahead of us."

Emma turned to the ground. "Where the tracking devices are..."

"-and a way to get everybody out," Norman finished for her. They stared in silence for a bit, before Norman turned to look at a figure behind him. "Y/n, are you going to come and help or sleep?"

"Sleep..." Y/n wanted to so badly kill someone or something. She was masking her anger well with how tired she was, considering she had made her training harsher after hearing about the two's plan to leave before the end of the month. But even so, Emma and Norman had still noticed Y/n's off mood.

Y/n didn't want to believe anything she had heard. Again? She had to face the demons again? It was getting too repetitive for her liking. Why couldn't she have just stayed a dead, rotting corpse? Why couldn't she just stay with her family in the afterlife, happy, and peaceful? If she hadn't been back alive and hadn't met everyone at the orphanage, she wouldn't have had to deal with this. An image of herself watching Mui and Yui squabble over trivial matters while she helped her parents collect firewood flashed across her mind and she let out an exasperated sigh.

Reminiscing on the past wouldn't solve things, it would only bring unnecessary emotions. Her head was already thumping at how much she used her brain. She had fought the demons once before, she would do it again. Emma and Norman had tried to encourage her to help them strategise with them, but she insisted that she let them be the brains. But that didn't mean she couldn't help with everything else.

Y/n abruptly stood up from her sleepy position on the ground, and before the two had time to process her presence she grabbed the rest of the tablecloths off Emma - who was still taking her sweet time climbing up the tree - and threw them in the hole with minimal effort.

She turned back to face the two, who were blinking at her as she shrugged. "Antenna was taking too long."