Chapter Fourteen

It was a quiet morning. The sun began to rise but the city was still. Sounds of birds singing in the distance and the sound of a few passing cars. 

"Hurry up Kacchan!" Midoriya slipped his second shoe on, ready to leave. 

Bakugo trudged towards the door, his stomach churning. "Shut up, I'm going," Something felt off about his body. Food poisoning possibly? He slipped on his shoes, not pulling them over his heels. 

Midoriya internally cringed watching him, "You look terrible," 

"Fuck off," Bakugo felt sweat sliding down his face. He definitely had a fever. "Let's go," the blonde gripped Midoriya's hand, forcing the smaller one to follow along. The cool air felt great. 

Midoryia helped Bakugo into the car, of course with some attitude from him. He never admits to needing help. The smaller one kept checking in to see if they needed to pullover or stop for some medication. They reached their destination, the hospital. It was for checking up on the whole swap situation. 

The hospital was silent yet bust, people in line for coffee, a few patients and visitors eating breakfast together. Doctors running around with charts or paperwork. The two checked in and were called back promptly. A nurse took vitals and asked a few questions, took some blood and urine samples. Also suggested that Bakugo took some fever reducer medication. 

Midoryia leaned, laying his head on Bakugo's shoulder. "I hope you feel better soon, I hate seeing you sick," Bakugo did get sick a lot for being healthy. Wait. Midoriya felt his heartrate spike. What if?.... No, no, couldn't be

"If you got me pregnant, I am going to kill you, and I'm serious," Bakugo leaned his head, allowing it to rest on Midoriya's. 

Sweet moment, harsh words, tons of anxiety. 

They sat there in silence. Just listening to each other breathe, comforting each other. It seemed like the doctor was taking a while to come back with test results. This made their worries grow. Every time footsteps grew near, Midoriya clenched his teeth. 

Midoriya closed his eyes, accidentally falling asleep. 

***

"Daddy! Look how high I can go!" a blonde-haired girl with green eyes was giggling while on a swing set. Her smile was bright, just as the colors around her. 

Midoriya was in awe, he couldn't take his eyes off of her. She was adorable. Everything he'd hope for in a child. A perfect mix of himself and Bakugo. 

"Izuku," he heard Bakguo call.

***

"Hey, wake up!" Bakugo nudged him roughly. "Izuku!"

Midoriya rubbed his eyes, stunned by his surroundings for a brief moment. The doctor was there, seemed like she was ready to speak to them. "I'm awake," He muttered. 

"Okay so, the nurse said Bakugo was feeling nauseated and had a fever, so I prescribed some things, pick them up downstairs. As for the blood tests, no pregnancy for either of you," 

"Thank goodness," Midoriya sighed. 

"There's more," the doctor said. "The test shows that Bakugo isn't an omega anymore, he's normal. The "sickness" he has is him negatively reaction to your pheromones. I'm reluctant to put you on pheromone blockers since your situation is unique.  I'm prescribing a low dosage for now but don't take it until we see of the medication prescribed to your partner reacts," The doctor said a few more things but Midoriya was off into space. 

Bakugo was happy to be back to his old self, the news alone made him perk up. He went to grab the prescription, leaving Midoriya nearby in a chair. 

Midoryia was happy as well but, some thoughts came along with the news. A lot of 'what ifs'. Their future together. What would come of it? Alphas don't like the scent of other alphas. Bakugo would eventually get sick of him. He could hear bag rustling getting louder. 

"Let get out of here," Bakugo held his hand out and clasped Midoriya's. They walked around with their hands held together. "I'll drive," he stole the keys away from his partner. He didn't get much of a fight form Midoriya. "Whatever you're thinking about, just stop. Everything is going to be okay," 

The smaller one let out a small smile, knowing his emotions are transparent. He can't hide anything from Bakugo. "Alright, I trust you," Midoriya will worry about these things later. "Let's get Starbucks to make me feel better then," 

They got their favorites, Midoriya got a hot chocolate and Bakugo got plain black coffee. Total opposites really. Light jpop songs played over the vehicles radio, Midoriya hummed along, lightly sipping on his hot chocolate occasionally. More people were out and about. Parents waving goodbye as their children left for school. Dogs happy to be out on a walk. It was a nice day overall. 

Bakugo was feeling so much better after the news. He probably wouldn't even need the medications, but he'll keep them for now. They could be useful later. 

They arrived home after what seemed like being out all day, but it was still extremely early. "Ugh, I'm so hungry!" Bakugo's stomach was punishing him once again for skipping breakfast. "I'm making eggs, you want any?" He peered over to Midoriya to see him staring off into the distance. "Izuku," He called out in a soft tone, didn't want to scare him. 

"Hm?" Midoriya snapped his head quickly. 

"You want some eggs?" 

"Sure, over-medium," Midoriya got comfortable in the sofa, scrolling through his cell phone. Instagram showed their old UA classmates running their companies and having fun with their families. Midoriya misses hero work. Being couped up in the house is making him a bit sad. 

Bakugo called him over for breakfast. They ate mostly in silence, a bit of small talk. Midoriya nibbled on his eggs, starring at them mindlessly between their small conversations. 

"Are you upset?" Bakugo about had enough of Midoriya's spaciness. 

Midoriya perked up, though it was fake, "No why would I be?" He gave his typically warm smile. 

"I've been cleared to go back to hero work," 

"...Huh?" 

***