Chapter Nine

Fall was upon Japan. Cool winds rose. Dancing multi-colored leaves covered the fading green grass. Sky full of light grey clouds. Most of all, rain. Tons of rain. Thunderstorms kept the city up at least twice per week. Midoriya hated this type of weather. He's always been startled by thunder.

"Midoriya, it can't hurt you," Bakugo painted his fingers along Midoriya's pale skin. Normally he'd release a calming pheromone but he no longer has the power to do to. Curse that fucking villain. He disliked witnessing his mate nervous.

The anxious male looked back at Bakugo. Midoriya buried his face into the warmth of Bakugo's chest. Their legs comfortable intertwined, a befitting jigsaw puzzle. Cozied up under the covers bare as the day they were born.

Bonding, the definition of it is when their scents rub off after mating. When actually it's times like these. Skin on skin contact. Platonic-ness. Holding hands for the sole purpose of being connected. Wholesome. Sharing gentle kisses.

Whoever said 'love is kind', they were right. Love is almost considered a taboo word. It's thrown around to people who aren't worthy. 'Everyone is worthy' ah yes, everyone is worthy but only certain people are worthy of their partners love. Some take advantage, others are greedy, prideful, forceful.

Doing opposite things in the same room. Completing tasks together. Conquering hardships, coming out stronger. Being with their significant other just to be blessed by their presence.

Bakugo isn't one to preach but he truly did love the dorky hero he met years ago. "Hey you,"

Midoriya peered up to be greeted with a smiling face. His blonde hair gleaming under the moonlight.

"I love you," Bakugo brushed the curly green hair out of his path, kissing his mate's perfect little forehead.

The greenette blushed, "I love you too," he hid his crimson face against Bakugo, forgetting all about the raging storm outside. He'll be just fine right here in the safety of Bakugo's arms.

•••

Bakugo had Midoriya clothe himself in warm fabrics. "Where are we going?" He felt antsy, Bakugo isn't the spontaneous type.

"You'll see," Bakugo picked up Midoriya, who refused to to without details. He shoved his little mate inside the vehicle, driving off before he had the chance to escape. "Just trust me, can you do that?"

Midoriya came to the realization that he was behaving irrationally. "Of course," he grinned cheekily, remaining silent about the matter. His anticipation grew the further away they got. The city lights grew smaller from behind.

Bakugo parks inside a graveled blind drive way. "And we're here,"

Darkness. Is there where Bakugo murders him and disposes the body?

Bakugo grinned, it was just before sunset, leaving the odd dark blue tint. Midoriya seemed nervous, it was cute. "Come on," he gripped onto Midoriya's small hand, intertwining their warm fingers.

Midoriya followed obediently. Soon enough, a yellow hue came to light. His green emeralds shimmered, the tiny lights reflecting towards the darkening atmosphere.

A white gazebo seemingly covered in lit candles. Electric lights swirled around the wooden beams. Matching circular table, dinner atop, steaming.

"Who are you and what have you done with my Kacchan?" Midoriya backed away, awing dramatically.

Bakugo pulled him back in, "Dine with me and you'll see,"

Midoriya nodded.

The couple sat down within the beautifully decorated gazebo. The ceramic pot filled with boiling beef stew, wine to dash it down.

The Alpha's eyes scanned the area, admiring the countless lit candles around. "Who got you to do this? Was it Kirishima?" Midoriya teased. He took another sip of the blush wine. His favorite, Pink Moscato.

Bakugo swirled the alcoholic liquid, "Nope, all me baby boy," he sneered, gazing into his mate's emerald orbs.

"Baby boy?" Midoriya furrowed his eyebrows. That's a new one, though he didn't mind. It felt exhilarating.

"Would you prefer my darling?"

Midoriya gasped, "That makes us seem old,"

"Whatever. We're twenty four, we have years," Bakugo retorted, waving his hand through the air. His eyes rested on Midoriya, who's giggling. Not that he'd know, Midoriya is the definition of perfection. His other half who fit with Bakugo perfectly.

"Hey Bakugo,"

"Hm,"

"Do you want children someday?" Midoriya grinned, the blondes response was priceless.

He was choking on wine. "Only if I get to be the dad," Bakugo stated, that's an important detail. He loves Midoriya but carrying the children is a responsibility he could do without.

The smaller male sat himself on Bakugo's lap, "Of course. I'd be a better mom anyways," Midoriya chuckled, fixing his sweater.

"Yeah yeah~" Bakugo inched in, butterfly kissing Midoriya. "You're not sick of me yet huh?" He's caused much trouble over the past weeks. Being an emotional little bitch.

"No way. You're stuck with me," Midoriya wrapped his arms around Bakugo's neck. No way is he's letting this one get away.

It was time for the purpose of all this, "Hey baby, look up,"

Midoriya was slightly confused but complied. Above him was written a single word. "Promise?" He questioned, looking at Bakugo.

"Promise I'll be stuck with you forever," Bakugo opened up a small velvet box, revealing a think golden band.

Hot tears ran down the smaller male's freckled cheeks, "Y-yeah," with that Bakugo slipped on the ring. "I promise,"

"After we get switched, I'll bring you happiness,"

"No need. You already do,"

•••

Teehee~
~Mel🧡💚