Newsies ball

Spot Colon and I were half siblings but we were close like normal siblings, our mothers both died after I was born, our dad was only 17 when he got my mother pregnant and 15 when he got my brothers mom pregnant, my dad raised me and spot but his job was selling papes and he didn't get a lot of money but we survived. Once Spot turned 18 he left for Brooklyn to try to become leader for the Brooklyn newsies which he actually managed to do. After my father told Spot that he was going to war, Spot couldn't have just left me in the streets to get taken to the refuge. So he raised me  to be tough with guys and street smart, when I turned 12 I joined the Bronx newsies but still visited my brother every weekend. 

*time skip 2 years later*

I woke up at about 5:00,  I looked out the window to see the sun barely coming up seems like a good day to sell papers today. I walked out of my part of the lodge and into the bathrooms, all the boy knew I was a girl but none of them every tried to flirt with me because they knew I would tell spot or I would punch them in the balls, I went to wake up the others boys. Our leader, Beaver Christopher Little was in the main room down stairs probably waiting for us to  come down stairs. When I woke everyone else up they all yelled at me to be quiet and let them sleep more but they didn't realize it was me, but when they did the all jumped out of their beds and ran to the bathrooms. Beaver had  made me a room all to myself so I did it have to share with the others boys, he always told me that I was like a sister to him and spot was like a brother. He told me that I would someday be the next leader of the Bronx, I always looked up to him as a role model. " Sorry, Y/N I thought yous was Beaver or Mrs. Brook" said Mouth as he walked into the bathroom, Mrs. Brooks was the lady that owned the Bronx Lodge, she was very sweet but very strict, " You think I'm an old lady? Wow thanks Mouth" I said as I walked to my room to change " Wait I was just joking!" I could hear Mouth try too defend himself but I closed my door. I got changed into my dress and boots 

A/n: the dress you are wearing is like an old dress that the girls would wear to work, you know?

I walked down the  stairs and walked into the main room down stairs I was greeted by Beaver yelling at Mrs. Brooks, " I told you that I paid the rent!!" Beaver yelled as he slammed his hand on the table " Then why don't I have the money in my bank yet!" she yelled as she walked away over to her desk and sat down. After about 20-30 minutes all the Bronx newsies had ran out the door over to where we got our papers for the day.

" Hey, Mr. Thomas can I get 50 papes?" Mouth said " Yeah, here ya go kid" Mr.Thomas always had a sour face I always thought that he was sad but I don't know any more he loves when we yell at each other or talk shit about Pulitzer. " Morning Thomas" I said as I walked up to the window, " What's a girl doing here? I thought you were doing your hair" his booming laugh was annoying " Shut up tubby! I'm 14 and at least I won't die from cardiac arrest fatty!" I yelled at him, took my papers and walked away " Seems like it's the time of the month" I turned around and say Spot smirking " SPOT!" I screamed as I ran towards my brother. 

" Hows you doing sis?" Spot asked as we started to walk around to find a selling area " I'm fine, I'm excited for the ball tomorrow though" I said while looking around to find a spot, " Wait, Spot why are you in the Bronx? Shouldn't you be in Brooklyn or somethin?" I said as I quickly stopped in place " Well, I got word the one of my spies got hort some where near Manhattan so ima check it out" answers Spot as he quickly started to walk a different direction " Bye sis sees you tonight!" He yelled and ran away to find one of his newsies. 

After about an hour of selling papers I made my way back over to the Lodge to pack a few things for the week end since I was staying with Spot for a few nights, Once I got the front doors I saw a very handsome boy talking to Beaver, he was the same age as me and once I walked in he looked at me with a glint of surprise  and flirtatious in his eye " Just the goil I wanted to see" said Beaver as the boy turned to see who it is " This is Y/N, she is the Beauty of the Bronx, she sells all her papes in a minute" he said as he walked into the living room " I'll let you twos uh talk" he said as he disappeared behind the living  room walls. Stupid Beaver, " Why are you hear?" I said to the hottest guy in the whole of New York " My names Jack Kelly" he said as he winked at me with a smile,I got little butterflies, what the hell is this guy trying to do? " I'm from the Manhattan newsies and my leader said to yours that  you and I should talk since wes gonna be the next leaders since theys going to war" Jack said as he walked outside, I followed him. We started walking and talking about what we're gonna do with the newsies once Beaver and Scotty left  for the war "Yous gonna be the first goil newsie aren't you happy?" Jack said and we sat on a bench talking about life " Yeah, but lots of people are gonna be depending on my ya know?" I said looking at his hazel eyes. Damn he was very handsome I thought, he kept looking at my eyes then my lips " It getting late, i gotta get back to Hatten I'll sees you at the ball" he said as he stoop up took my hand and kissed it , then walked away I stood up and left as well.

Was I friends with him or what? 

The next day, I woke up to find that Jack was in the bathrooms with the other boys, I walked out with a towel and my clothes, I was wearing a night gown I stole a few weeks ago. It  was really cold and just my luck I wasn't wearing a bra. Great, I walked into the bath room dumped water into the silver tub Beaver had made for the boys and l. I closed the door and got in, I could hear the boys talking to Jack about the ball tonight. After i finished my bath I dried off and got my clothes on, I opened the door to hear one of the boys (Block) talking about how I had a nice ass but the boys just looked past him to me, Jack chuckled and Block turned around to see me staring at him with cold eyes and soaking hair " What's that Block?" I said sarcastically "N-nothing Ms.Conlon i was just" I punched him in the face and took his hat and ran around the bathroom with him chasing me trying to get it back, I ran downstairs and threw the hat in the mud outside. Block slipped and fell into the mud and I closed the door on him. I walked back upstairs to see Jack laughing his eyes out and the others I laughed along with him. We heard yelling and we ran to the window to see Block half naked covered head to toe in mud, we all laughed and left to sell papers for the day. Jack and I walked out of the lodge and walked over to the paper window, I guess Jack was working over in the Bronx today. " Hey, Mr. Thomas 50 papes please" I said putting down a nickel on the table " Why should I give you any papes after what you said to mes yesterday?" Mr.Thomas said as he picked up some more papers and set them on his desk " Please, I'm sorry Mr. Thomas I swear I won't say anything rude for the next year" I said begging for papers " Fine, here" he gave me the papes and I walked out with Jack and we started to sell papers. 

*Time skip cuz I'm lazy😭✨*

After we had sold all the papers we bought i said bye to Jack and started over to Brooklyn " Where's you going?" He said grabbing my wrist " I'm just going over to see my brother, I'm staying with him plus I have to get ready for the ball it's my first one" I answered him as he let go and starred at me " Oh yeah the ball, what time is that?" Jack said looking at his pocket watch he totally stole " 5:40" I said " it's about 4:30 now, i gotta go see my brother Spot. BYE!" I yelled and walked away 

I had brought my over night stuff with me, some clothes, hair pins and some other things. Once I got to Brooklyn I saw Spot out side his lodge, " Hey, how are yous?" Spot said as he gave me a hug, " I'm great, hey I met this boy Jack Kelly he's really nice we're friends now"

I said as I walked passed a shocked Spot and put my bag upstairs and started to get ready for the ball!

A/n: Something's like this❤️❤️✨✨✨