The music

(Play this song once Medda start singing in the story)

After I got dressed,brushed my hair and did my make up , I put on my shoes and knocked on Spots door. *Knock knock* " What is it Pepper? I told you that I don't have your tie" Spot yelled at the door " It's me Spot, you ready to go?" I sighed as I heard him run over to the do and open it. He was wear the ugliest tie every " Are you really going to wear that tie? It's horrific" I said as we walked out of the lodges with the rest of the guys, " It's fine sis yous just got no taste in men clothes". I rolled my eyes and we walked to Irving Hall.

We walked into the theater and it was like a big,beautiful , street rat party and I loved it. Once Spot found some of the other leaders like Sharp who controlled Queens, Carney who basically owed Coney Island and many more. Before the party started I was standing around by myself since i was the only girl there, or so I thought. A middle aged women walked up to me " Why hello, you must be Y/N the Beauty of the Bronx" she said as she gently grabbed my arm an smiled at me ,and we started to walk around the theater talking about everything, I really liked her . " Oh, dear me I forgot to tell you my name, it's Medda but you can call me auntie Medda sweet heart" she said as millions of boy started to stare at us as they talked " Sounds good auntie Medda" I said with a smirk " I think I'm gonna like you Y/N" she sighed as we kept talking about the theater and the gross boys that we called newsies.

" Y/N when you get older you should come dance for me for a side gig" she said obviously a little tipsy " I would love to Auntie Medda" I felt a tall presents loom behind me, when I turned around I saw Jack who was looking done at me and Medda " You ladies seem to be having fun, especially you Medda you seem a little tipsy" Jack laughed, so did I " Oh whatever Jackie, would you be a dear and walk me to the stage? I have to preform "High times, Hard times" if I don't sing tonight then the ball will be so boring, please Jack?" She begged him and he looked at her and sighed " Fine, come on get out from the chair" he said as he carefully held her to the stage. I was sitting with a few newsies from Brooklyn and Manhattan and they we slobbering all over me, I mean the attention wasn't to bad at the moment. " Will you dance with me?" Some kid said as he took of his hat, he was very unattractive " Race track leave the dame alone she wants guy like me" another said who was blonde and had a eyepatch " All of yous leave me sista alone" Spots voice echoed from were he sat. All the boy backed away from me and looked to the stage to see Medda starting to preform her song " high times, hard times" she sang drunkly everyone in the whole theater started to sing along with her. Once Jack saw where I was sitting he ran over and sat with me, Spot and some other kid. " Medda is very drunk would you help me put her to sleep after this song? I don't feel like getting puke on me tonight." Jack whispered in my ear, it sent chills down my spine. I nodded my head yes and I was being mesmerized by Medda's voice.

After the song me and Jack helped her off stage and took her to her room, we laid her down of the bed " night" I whispered " noight" Jack whispered to Medda who was already asleep. " Thanks for helping me with that" said Jack as we walked back to the main theater, " Of course" I said as I walked to over to Spot who was death glaring Jack I paid no mind to it and just sat back down with Spot and Jack.

Beaver and Scott walked on stage to tell important news to us all, but me and Jack already knew the big news. " Alright settle down everyone, me and good old Scotty boy have been sent to war, and we'll we needs new leaders" Beaver said as lots of boys where left shocked with what he had just said. " So we choose the bravest, smartest, and kindest, newsies we know to rule over Manhattan" said Scott " And Bronx" said Beaver

" I choose some one you will use their charms to deceive you, make a grown man cry...Y/N OF THE BRONX" yelled Beaver as he brought me onstage I was so embarrassed but very proud of myself. The boys where cheering with all their might " THE BEAUTY OF THE BRONX IS HERE TO LEAD THE BRONX NEWSIES TO A BETTER FUTURE!!!" I yelled and all the Bronx newsies were cheering with delight. " Hold your horses, nice pick Beaver but I choose some one so daring, someone who doesn't flinch when he sees the bulls, OUR MAN...JACK KELLY!!!!! " the whole theater uproared with applause as Jack ran up to the stage, he grabbed my hand brought me to the front of the stage, " WE WILL HELP THE NEXT GENERATION OF NEWSIES!" Jack smiled after he said it and looked at me. I was really the leader now. I was going to help and build the news boys and girls of tomorrow. I finally did my dream and I was with people that supported me. We walked off stage and the band started up again as everyone was dancing, I was dancing with one kid from Queens when all of a sudden I felt a strong hand pull me at my waist and turned me towards them, It was Jack he was trying to be charming which did kind of work but not to much🤭 " Great job,my queen of the Bronx" he bowed low " Amazing work, my king of Manhattan" we laughed and danced the whole night but Spot saw us and saw red,pulled me away from Jack and said to Jack that if he lays a fingers on me that he would be dead by tomorrow " Lighten up the mood Spot at least me happy for me" I said while punching his arm " Fine, you two have fun I guess"

Jack and I kept laughing and messing with other people for the whole night.