Rooftop 🌕🌙

" Why did he chose her?" I cried in Mrs. Brooks lap, she combed my hair with her soft soothing hands " Honey, he's just confused, he-" " But what if he's not!" I sobbed out. " I'm just an option, I wish I figured it out sooner" I sobbed out, thinking about all the good times we had " Y/n, now you listen to me, you are the most amazing girl and that boy is missing out on you" she held my face in her hands " *Sniff* yeah your right" I chuckled as Mrs. Brooks smiled and gave me a hug.

"It's getting late, you should head to bed" Mrs. Brooks whispered after a few minutes of silence " Your right , night Mrs.Brooks" I stood up and gave her a hug " Night dear" she held on for a minute and it made me feel a bit better. I got up and slowly made my way up stairs " Oh and y/n" she called from her seat in the living room " Don't ever let a man yell in your face" i thought about it for a second and called back down " Thank you" I smiled to myself "These people that come into my life man"

I was reading a story to some of the younger kids, when Slick came over, Slick was a year younger than me and was kind of like the leader when I wasn't around " Y/n, Rock says that it's his turn with the wool blanket but he had it last week, it's my turn" he whined as Rock came over " Oh shut your yap, I'm using it whether or not you like it" Rock stuck out his tongue and the boys started to smack at each other, I rolled my eyes. I took the blanket from Rocks bed and hung it outside the window " If it's going to be a problem, then I'm ditching it to the streets" I cocked my brows, about 20 groans came from all the boys as they begged me not too " Fine, then stop bitching about it , the two of you have laundry duty for the rest of the week and you have to do Mrs. Brooks laundry as well" I threw the blanket back into the room and resumed reading to the boys.

Rock and Slick moan and groaned while they got into bed. " Night boys" I whispered, I got a few responses but most of the boys had been asleep by the time I was at the door. I walked over to my room and started to change, when I heard a tapping noise on my window " Spot, doesn't come on Tuesdays to talk?" I thought I myself as I quickly through on a shirt and walked to my window. Jack was standing there looking at me " No" I said and closed the window again " Y/n!" I didn't care about what he had to say. He stayed on the fire escape for a little bit but after 10 minutes he left.

"I'm just going to ignore him" I said out loud " I need a drink" I open my closet and took out the whiskey bottle that I had hid in a shoe box. Talking large gulps of the whiskey, I started to drunk cry, I hated doing this but I didn't care at that point, I was alone and sad. And  just not okay. I hadn't been to work in a week, Medda had sent me a letter asking if I was okay but I never sent one back, I was going to back to work tomorrow "and maybe" I thought " I could feel a bit better after I danced".

Jacks POV

" What am I going to do Race!?" When I had gotten back to the lodge, the boys were playing cards and drinking " Well, all I knows, is that you better find a way to say sorry to y/n" he looked at his glass that was filled with old whiskey " But she started it!?" I slammed my hand on the table so hard, it shook the room. " If you heard all the facts, I'm sure you'd would be surprised Jackie" Skittery mumbled as he laid down a 4 of spades on the table. I looked up to his smug face " I heard all the facts pal" I slammed my hand down on the table and leaned on wall " She's just jealous, and for no reason!" My angry was gettin to'a boil. The boys looked at each other with questions in their eyes,

"Jack, did you not listen to her?" Boots looked over to me with an eye brow cocked " Well no, not really" the truth is I didn't really understand why she was mad, I had been focused on Sarah the whole time " Oh god Jack, why were you focused on Sarah?" Specs and all the others looked at me like I was an airhead or somethin " I-I liked her, she was nice and pretty" I looked down at my hands " I just don't no what I did wrong".

The boys looked at me with disappointment, god what was I going to do?