Medda's dancing partner and the Bronx

2 years later 

A/n: And now this chapter, it shows that Y/n has become a dancer for Medda and she has become great friends with Jack. The Bronx newsies are happy to have her as their leader 

(Also she is 16 and so is Jack. I had to make them the same age. And this is still before the strike hehehe)

(A/n: so it was really hard to find the right costume so I have a few pictures but I you find something better then use it, but you wear black costumes a lot)

I woke up to hear boys singing about how they have to sell more papers or something, I got up and walked out into the bathroom to be surprised with my newsies doing pirouettes, pivots, back flips and all the extra stuff that was not  needed at 6:00 in the morning. " I guess yous ready to sell papes" I said with a smirk the boys looked at me and smiled, while still singing  we all got ready, all ran down stairs and busted open the doors. And wes was ready to sell for the day. 

"Hey, y/n? Do i sound rude when I shout out the head line for the day?" Mouth said we got our papers from Mr.Thomas " Mouth your fine ,  your voice is just very loud when you sell, it's a good thing though because people think that the headlines important" I winked at him and walked too go sit, I waited till all of my newsies got their papers and then I had started to do my talk of where everyone was  going go for the day to sell. " Alright, today is kinda warm so Button, Max, and Rocks, you three take Central Park. I need someone to got too Brooklyn to see what their head line  is then report back to me." I shouted just then all the boy looked away or at the floor, looking at the sky. " Come on Brooklyns not that bad" I exclaimed "Oh I know what it is, your all scared of my brother" I laughed as all the boys started to yell at me saying stuff like " Wes aren't scared of him" or " Nah that kids not scary", I sighed " Then who wants to go?" I said laughing as they all looked at the ground again,

"Fine I'll choose some one"  I looked at them all,who I should pick? " Ugh fine I'll go but that means that all of yous  are gonna go to Queens and Manhattan" I shrugged and walked away they all started to whine but I just ignored them.

*3hours later*

"Hey, Pocket what's the headline for you today? I said once I had gotten to Brooklyn 

" Millions die at Ellis island after a bomb was found" he said sarcastically " Ugh, fine bye Pocket" I ran back to the Bronx , but on my way there I ran passed an old friend of mine. I stopped dead in my tracks, I turned to see Jack Kelly and Racetrack selling papers on the side walk " Jack Kelly!" I yelled at the top of my lungs which made him turn around his eyes filled with happiness to see me, he dropped his papers and sprinted to me, he stopped right in front of me and gave me the best hug. " Oh my god! What are you'd doing here!?" He said with excitement as he pulled away from the hug " Nothin I just came back from Brooklyn" i said smiling at him " Well I'm glad I saw you, I'll see you at the ball next weekend!" I said as I kept running over to my selling spot "B-bye y/n" I could hear him say as I left.

JACKS POV—

After I saw y/n leave I walked back to race track who was pretending to make out with someone " Oh y/n it's great to see you~~" race said as I playfully punch him in the arm " Shut up" I said laughing at him for being ridiculous " Oh sure Jack like you wouldn't like a piece of that" Race said while pretending to faint "SHUT IT RACE" I said getting red in the face " Fine, I'm sorry let's go Jack" as Race walked away I followed, I really did a  like her but I was kinda scared tell her, we should just be friends.

About five hours later Race and I went to Tibbys, to meet with some other guys there, " The famous Jack Kelly, how's it goin?" Some weird kid with buck teeth said he must be from Brooklyn I thought " I'm fine" i said while walking over to the back table with some other guys from Queens and a few other people from the Manhattan area. After a few hours,eating and laughing  about my fight with the Delancy brothers that day,one of the older guys said something about going over to Medda's to see the new dancer called "Nightingale" " She is the most beautiful goil that i's every seen and she's 16!" The black haired kid said I was kind of interested to see this goil " Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Racetrack,Mush, Kid blink and I along with four other boys made our way over to Irving Hall.