Chapter Seven Villagers and mischief

WINNIE!! Wait y/n shouts...
Seeing a strange light strike Winifred out of the sky.
Y/n omg starts running out of the cemetery and to the ground where Winifred lays unconscious.

Villagers look terrified, what was that? A woman says!

The devil- a man says
Y/n rolls their eyes... Winnie?

Is she.... Dead? The woman says.
Y/n I don't know, she's not moving. Y/n listens for a heartbeat. Yes she's breathing...

Pity the man says...
Witch should burn.

Y/n- stands up, listen here she is not the monster she once was there was proof to who took those children it was Bella! The mayors daughter, my ex friend.

Gasps from the crowd, ask the people who tried to do an illegal hanging outside the sanderson house before the storm hit. Ask them!

Two men step forward, what y/n says is true. But the storm appeared out of nowhere.
Y/n says- storms usually do, how could they have conjured the storm if they were hung?

You? The man says

Me? I'm not a witch.... I was inside the sanderson house because it's Halloween. Why not see the spookiest house in Salem on All Hallows' eve?

They just let you in? Welcomed you?

Y/n?

Yes... we went to school together and I wanted to ask the sisters if they were coming to the party at town hall. Whilst inside these people broke into the house and tried to hang the sisters and my ex friend.
Bella is gone.... She left town. As you know she was with child.

Gasps- Rory steps out of the shadows, I'm glad wench is gone. I haven't seen the mayor since this morning. I heard you saw him.
Y/n- I saw him at town hall when he was taking his own daughter in.

After I left I didn't see him again.

Rory sighs- I saw Winifred near town hall and her sisters. Then the mayor disappears?

Y/n- a coincidence at best. This is a small town and the paper mill is right next to town hall. That is where Winifred was, I saw her and her sisters there.

Y/n hears a stir- Winifred, you're ok.
What happened? Winifred says?

Well witch you fell from the sky Rory says. Winifred laughs, I was...
Shhh y/n says, here let me help you. Y/n stands and helps Winifred to her feet.

Well where is the party? Y/n says- everyone walks back into town hall.

Winnie what? Shhhh.... Winnie hugs me and whispers in my ear-
We are in danger, when my sisters come with the potion we will sing a song to distract everyone and then I will tell thee. Go now, go to the cottage and stay there till we come back.

Nobody will die I promise. Y/n kisses Winifred please be careful Winnie I... I can't loose you.

Winifred- you won't lose thee I am immortal now. Go... oh first here. Winifred waves her hand and I am in a costume.

What.... Is this? Y/n says.

A disguise, go....

Feeling a little sorrow you know that you can trust Winifred. Walking back down the path towards the cottage you see there's more toilet paper all around the place.