Chapter 4

Third person POV

Tommy walked closed to Stripes, not wanting to accidentally get lost. They came by the first person and Stripes groaned. She must have not liked this person. Looking up at them, they smiled, showing their shark like teeth.

"Ugh, Jill. Hello. This is Tommy. He's going to be staying with us for awhile" Stripes explained. They laughed and extended a long, striped arm, her long claws right in front of Tommy. "Pleasure to meet ya kid. Names Jill. Do you want some candy?"

Stripes growled and Jill rolled her eyes. "Fine. You're so annoying." Jill put the candy back in their pocket and took out a single piece of chocolate. "This is the only unpoisoned thing I have." Tommy took it and placed it in his mouth, letting it melt on his tongue.

"See you around kid, yeah?" Tommy nodded and Stripes started to pull him away, mumbling to herself. "Why do you hate her? She seems nice" Tommy said.

"Ever since they've got here, she has made fun of me for being Zalgos 'tool', as they put it." Stripes crossed her arms and Tommy looked away. "Maybe she's jealous Zalgo cares for you.. She may not act like it, but I could see the jealousy. She might just want to be loved." Tommy said.

Stripes stopped and looked at him strangely. "What?" Tommy sighed and looked at her. "How many people actually talk to Jill?" Stripes shrugged. "About 2 people, and they only talk to her for missions" Tommy nodded and sighed. "There's the problem. She's lonely, so she results to harsh words. She thinks that if she pushes everyone away, she'll be independent on herself."

Stripes frowned. "How do you know all of this?" She asked, her voice soft. Tommy chuckled. "I used to have a therapist. Um, she quit on me.." Stripes nodded and perked up when she heard Tommy's stomach grumble. "Oh, you must be hungry!"

Tommy nodded and Stripes led him to a small kitchen. His gremlin instincts must have kicked in because he hopped up on the counter and climbed up on the fridge, looking down at Stripes. Stripes just blinked at him and he smiled. "Can I have cereal?" Tommy asked.

Stripes giggled and nodded, searching though a cabinet. "Cinnamon toast crunch or Cheerios?" She asked. Tommy hummed. "Cinnamon toast crunch. It's way better than bland cheerios" Stripes laughed. "I totally agree"

A couple of minutes later, Stripes handed him a bowl of cereal and he giggled happily, taking it. Sitting criss cross, he smiled and began eating. Before he was done, he saw a tall figure come in greeting Stripes.

The figured looked up at Tommy and his brows furrowed. "Why is the kid on top of the fridge eating cereal?" The man asked. Stripes giggled and shrugged. "He just climbed up there and wanted cereal. His name's Tommy by the way"

"Tommy, huh?" Tommy nodded, just finishing his cereal. Hopping down from the fridge, he stretched and started washing his dish. Stripes looked at Liu and then back to Tommy. "Oh! Tommy, you don't have to do dishes here. Zalgo comes around every weekend and washes them himself. Although, knowing him, he probably just uses magic." Stripes spoke up.

Tommy shrugged. "It's fine, I really don't mind. It's habit anyway" Liu was still staring at the kid and Stripes was getting nervous. "Kid, what are the things in your bag?" Liu suddenly spoke.

Tommy blinked before turning to face the unknown man. "You have my bag?! Oh this is so great! I have my clothes in there and-" Tommy was cut off by Liu. "You need new clothes" Tommy grew offended by this and he tried to defend himself. "What do you mean? My clothes are very very great and cool-"

Tommy was once again cut off. "No, you need new clothes. Your old ones have rips and holes and soot on them." Tommy blinked before looking at the ground. "Oh.." He felt foolish for getting offended when Liu was just trying to help.

Stripes noticed this and quickly spoke up. "So uh, anyways, Tommy, this is my partner Liu! He's the one that saved you. Um anyways, nice talking, we have to go!" Stripes quickly pulled Tommy out of the room.

Tommy was beyond relief and he picked at the bandaids on his arm. "What was that Tommy? You looked so uncomfortable" Stripes asked, concerned. They started walking and Tommy shrugged, not really wanting to talk about it.

Tommy's POV

I felt horrible. I know I didn't do anything wrong, but the guilt and the shame was swelling up inside of me. It was so bad that I actually wanted to throw up. This is my last resort. I can't go anywhere else if I fuck up in this world.

I was shaken out of my head when I felt hands on my face, gently patting my cheeks. I looked down and I was met with Stripes worried face. "Tommy? Are you okay? You just spaced out for like, 6 minutes.." I sigh and gently place one of my hands over hers. "M' fine Stripes. Just.. tired. Really. Fucking. Tired"

Stripes nodded and smiled as I leaned into her hands. She reminded me a lot of Captain Puffy before she abandoned me and Niki before.. well, the whole l'manberg thing.

"I see you're already falling asleep on me, huh? How about this. I call someone to help get you to bed, and we meet the rest of the people tomorrow. How's that sound?" Stripes asked. I could do nothing but nod drowsily and hum a yes. Even if it was a fake sense of security, Stripes had lured me into it, without me even realizing it.

She was like my mother. That is, If I could even remember who she was. She was only around when I was a baby. It really did suck, because I know Phil and Mumza weren't my parents. I seemed to have spaced out again because I head footsteps behind me and Stripes pulled away.

I turned around and saw Jill. She looked happy, no, ecstatic. Jill was definitely way taller than me, and I hadn't even realized it before. "Hi Tommy! Hi Stripes.." I could tell Jill was trying to be as nice as possible and I looked at Stripes, curious.

"As much as I don't like Jill, I will tolerate her. Since she's the only one you've met besides Liu, I figured that with whatever happened in the kitchen, Jill was the better choice here." Stripes explained. I nodded and looked at Jill, who was obviously trying to hide her excitement.

I smiled at her and she smiled back. "Now, I have to go do something. Jill, please make sure he rests" Jill nodded in agreement and we both watch her walk off. As soon as she was out of sight, Jill picked me up like I was a child, and in a way, I kind of felt like one.

"Hi Tommy! I can tell you're tired so don't bother responding. Just go to sleep and you'll be safe! I will protect you with my life!" I smiled tiredly and laid my head down on her shoulder. She began walking somewhere as I fell asleep. For once, nightmares didn't plague my dreams.