Chapter 11

Third person POV

It had been around 5 days and Toby had fallen extremely ill, same with Tommy. EJ had no clue what to do. On one hand, Toby would kill him if he told Slender about his new friend. On the other hand, Toby might die if he doesn't see his friend. Deciding he needed another opinion on this, he called his friend from Zalgos.

"Ann? Yeah hi. It's EJ." EJ played with his scalpel as he explained the situation to Ann. "Ah, so that's why Tommy has also fallen Ill. I see.. Zalgo already knows about Toby, so I will tell Zalgo. Maybe he can make a deal with Slender or something."

EJ nodded but confirmed vocally when he realized that Ann couldn't see him. "Hey Jack..?" Jack paused before answering. "yes Ann?" There was silence before Ann spoke up again. "Um, if.. I can't guarantee that Zalgo or Slender will cooperate, which means it's better to say goodbyes just Incase.. I will also inform everyone here of this but.. God, Toby and Tommy are good kids Jack. They're barely even adults yet." Ann rubbed her temple.

EJ sighed and looked towards Toby. "I'll tell everyone to say their goodbyes. I.. God, I knew this would be the one fucking thing that would affect me from being a doctor." Ann let out a sad laugh. "Yeah.. it's definitely hard.." EJ heard a knock on his lab door and he told Ann to hold on a moment.

Going to his door, he opened it and was met with a nervous BEN. "Hey, how's he been doing doc?" EJ sighed and invited him in. "I called up a friend and well.. I can't say he'll make it, to be honest." BEN's face dropped and he looked at Toby. "What's killing him..?" BEN asked.

"Heartbreak." Jack walked over to Toby and sighed as Toby started to stir awake. "Mm, Tommy..?" BEN chuckled sadly and shook his head. "No Toby, not.. Tommy.." BEN trailed off. Toby smiled weakly before coughing, some blood also coming up with it.

"Oh.. Hello BEN.." Toby said weakly. As soon as BEN had left, everyone slowly came by. The last person to say goodbye was Masky. He was on the edge of a breakdown as he stared down at Toby's weak form. "I know you hated him the most but I figured it would be nice if you could see him possibly for the last time.." EJ explained. "I can't believe he was so stupid. Killing himself because of someone we don't fucking know.." Masky crossed his arms.

"From the looks of it, it wasn't his choice. Its like if you saw someone that resembled Brian before.. the incident. How would you feel about that?" Masky froze before turning to look at EJ. "How do you know about that?" Ej shrugged. "I have access to everyones files for medical purposes." Masky slowly turned back to Toby. "You don't want him to die, do you?" EJ asked. Masky let out a frustrated sigh. "No! No I don't. He's.. Toby's a good kid, he just pisses me off."

EJ nodded. "That's what I thought." EJ quickly ducked out of the way as Masky took a swing at where he was just standing, his ear twitching. "Masky, I need you to calm down.." EJ technically towered over Masky but he crouched to make himself seem smaller. "No! Toby's fucking dying and we can't do anything about it! Why did Slenderman even send him out in the first place?! That was a very fucking stupid thing to do!" Masky was seething. Neither of them said anything.

After a minute or two. Masky looked at Jack, most likely seeing red. Before Masky could even move, he dropped to the ground, screaming in pain as he clutched his head. Jack kept calm and stayed where he was, ignoring the itching feeling that was tickling his brain. He knew this was Slendermans doing.

"Don't be so stupid Masky. Slenderman has a reason for everything. Hence why we are never supposed to question his ideas." Jack could feel the stupid goop coming out of his eyes increase as he spoke. After a few minutes, Masky had passed out. The tickling left and the famous Slenderman appeared next to Jack.

"I assume you have figured out what is causing this? It's not everyday one of my famous proxies suddenly falls ill with no explanation" The Slendermans voice was deep, almost like static. "Ofcourse. As you know, Toby is human. Human are made to feel emotions. When growing up, all humans make a choice to choose an emotion they stick to, and in return, get two more emotions that follow. Take Masky as an example. Growing up, he must've chosen Anger, which was followed by Guilt and admiration." The Slenderman nodded and stared at the unconscious Toby.

"All this information is what I need to know to understand Toby's diagnosis, correct?" Jack nodded. "Yes. Unfortunately, Toby chose love, even for those who hurt him. What followed was Empathy and kindness. Before everything, Toby loved his sister more than anything. The only way to replicate that feeling is-" Jack was cut off, the Slenderman finishing his sentence. "If there was someone who looked like Lyra and they formed a bond with Toby. Hm. I understand. Thank you Jack. I'm assuming this person is on.. his side?"

EJ hesitantly nodded. "Yes sir." The Slenderman hummed and picked Masky up as he took his leave. EJ let out a sigh he had been holding and looked at Toby. "Jeez kid, what have you gotten yourself into?"

EJs ear flicked and perked up at the sound of a heartbeat. He knew it couldn't be Toby's because he hadn't been able to hear it before from this distance, but it was coming from Toby. Jack walked over and cringed, as the heartbeat grew uncomfortably loud. Jack looked at the necklace Toby was wearing. Checkmate.

Jack still wondered about it. First, no human would be able to get this kind of material, and even if they did, they wouldn't be able to shape it into a heart a clean as this. Second, The necklace was now producing a heartbeat. 'What the fuck is that kid? Maybe he has connections, but even then, it would be incredibly hard to..'

Jack was pulled out of his thoughts when a shock ran through his body. He jerked his arm away due to reflex. He looked at the necklace. Add that to the list of things he wondered about it. He touched the.. well, this would technically be an amulet, wouldn't it? Again the same shock but this time it only went up his arm. He scrunched his face and pulled away, rubbing the arm that got shocked, it starting to tingle.

"Now I'm really wondering what the fuck you got into kid." Jack mumbled.