Dream Of A Void, Only To Awake In One {3}

Dreams of falling through voids, common or not, are terrifying to go through when you're unaware of the dream aspect. To fall through an endless space, not knowing when you'll alas hit a surface, IF there's a surface, may sound like a nightmare to some. Perhaps if you knew about the fact that it is not real, or if this was what you had been longing for for some time, it'd be peaceful, perhaps the idea of an end without an end is relaxing to some. Maybe to certain people,  that is what they wish their reality was. Whether they feel a certain fear, or a calming feeling in their chests, seemingly waking up to a falling void is horrifying nonetheless.

     Akito silently fell through a void. Whether this void was real or not did not matter, he only fell, no emotion expressed. He didn't appear relaxed or upset, confused or peaceful, horrified or at ease, no. He just felt nothing, no strong feelings as he fell through the empty space. His feelings from the scene that happened before him only a few hours ago circled around, his mind unable to choose what to feel, instead his thoughts blended into a feeling of emptiness, a void in his heart that he was unable to describe.

Were his feelings for Toya that seemed to have been so useless the reasoning for the emptiness? Was his now past lover the causation for the lack of emotions he no longer felt? Whether he was or was not is not important, nothing was truly that important. A fool, he was, to believe that could last forever. Perhaps Ena was right to not trust Aoyagi, maybe she was correct in the end. Was she telling the truth when she said the blue haired had cheated on him? He had no answers, the idea of his lover, the reason for the emptiness, cheating on him opened the void, Akito falling deeper and deeper, the slight wind pushing against him, as he only continued to go down, trying to reach a non-existent end.

He closed his eyes, subconsciously begging for something to pull him out of the void, a force to push him out of the never-ending space he was now stuck in. He could feel his body fight against the bodiless force that was attempting to stop the falling, to perhaps push him out, despite the fact he wished to submit to the wind, desperately wanting to leave the hole, to awaken from this nightmare to Toya laying next to him. But he merely continued falling, falling into an area with no light, one that could perfectly represent the unwanted feelings he had. The ginger felt nothing as he fell, unable to understand what he subconsciously wanted, doing nothing, submitting to the force that pushed him deeper into the void, nothing on his face.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—
{AKITO'S POV}
     I felt my body jerk up, quickly opening my eyes, only to see the normal surroundings of my bedroom. It felt normal at first, no thought crossing my mind, no strong emotion in me. I silently got up, my room dimly lit by the faint sunlight getting through my curtains. I walked to the kitchen, a bit more slowly than usual, though it wasn't a very noticeable difference. My body felt heavy, my head in a certain pain, as I pulled cheesecake out of the fridge. I sat down, only then remembering the events from the previous night.

     "How... how did I get to my bedroom. And... huh, Toya's gone... Toya's gone." The mere idea of Toya no longer being here with me, the concept of no longer awakening to him beside me or a text message from him was something beyond me, something I could not conceptualize for months, considering he had been there with me for years. Even as a friend, before I had realizing my feelings for him, he was special to me, I had seen him as a friend that would forever stand next to me, on stage or at the cafe. The reality that it was not eternal had escaped me, and even now I refuse to accept that. I don't want to believe he's gone. I don't want to accept the fact that he is forever gone, a relationship or friendship that lasted years all useless now.

     "Akito? You're up?" I swallowed a bit of the cheesecake before looking up, seeing Ena looking back.
     "Oh. Mhm." I could barely speak. The words felt as though they got caught in my throat, unable to escape. I didn't bother trying to force them to come out, for some reason I didn't want to. I didn't care about talking at the moment, the thought of Toya swirling around in my head.
     "Could speak up... ahem, I brought you to your bed. You were passed out on the floor. Almost broke my arms." She chuckled a bit at the last part, before walking past me, opening the fridge to investigate what food there was left.
     "Thanks for that," I said, the words quiet, with me unable to think about anything. Only a single question lingered in my mind long enough for me to say, "but... did he?"
     "Did he what?"
     "Did Toya cheat, Ena."
     "...Maybe, I don't know." She hesitated. She hesitated to speak. And only because of that did I reply, the one emotion I felt turning to anger.
"How would you not know? You're the one who told me, Ena." My voice sounded a bit more strongly, at least compared to how I normally speak. She looked stunned for a second, maybe because of the softness of how I spoke only a minute ago.
"I just think I saw him cheat, and so I tol-"
"Why the fuck would you let me doubt the stability of my relationship? You know what he meant to me. If you didn't know, why the fuck would you say it?"
"...Do you want the truth, you ass?"
"Obviously I do. I need to know why the hell you would lie about that."
"I lied. My words rarely ever mean anything to you, I honestly expected you to just call me an idiot or an asshole and move on. I never trusted Aoyagi, that's-"
"THERE'S NO POINT IN LYING, ENA, WHY WOULD YOU FUCKING TELL ME HE WAS CHEATING?"
"AT LEAST BECAUSE OF THAT GOD DAMN LIE YOU AT LEAST GOT TO HAVE SOME SORT OF FINAL MOMENT WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND."
I didn't respond. I couldn't find the words, the anger in my heart melting, turning into some sort of... emptiness, one I couldn't describe, an emptiness I had never felt while Toya was here. Ena looked at me.
"Look, I'm... I'm sorry." She had some sort of guilt, I suppose, in her eyes, as she just nodded and walked away, holding a plate with a singular, thin piece of cheesecake. I just sighed, putting the now empty plate on the counter, before leaving the house and walking to Weekend Garage, an empty void inside my chest.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—
{TOYA'S POV}
Without making any noise, I silently walked through my front door, greeted by father, a calm yet annoyed expression plastered on his face. I walked past him, quickly going to my room and locking my door. A piano sat in the corner of my room, a now unforgettable symbol of pain, something I now would see daily, tears almost falling down, though I blinked them away. The life of classical music was now forced back into mine, and the street music I had once done with Akito just out of grasp.
—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•
WORD COUNT: 1271
my views are collapsing 💀 anyways emo Akito!! next chapter will be Toya focused, the one afterwards An, Kohane, and Akito focused. Hope you enjoy.