Wishes, Ones That Fill A Void {4}

Even after moving on from certain things, events that are alike may pull you back into the depression of it all, forcing you to once again move on from the same thing. Those objects or people have a grasp over you, one that is useless to fight against, or at least may seem pointless to fight against at the time. Do these paragraphs have meaning? God knows, but I don't. They're useless words, ones that people are, for the most part, completely uninterested in. Perhaps they're used for filler, or maybe they do have some worth, could mean something to someone. These combined characters and those things or people are alike, at times, as in they're useless, and there's no actual need to look back at them. It doesn't mean you can't, it's just not necessary.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—
{TOYA'S POV}
I remained seated on my bed, staring at the piano that laid at the corner of my room. Months, around seven or eight, have passed since I have left my previous house. Father is not home, no one is other than me, a slightly rare occurrence. It's never been anything special to me, at least not while I've lived here. When I still was able to meet with Akito, Shiraishi and Kohane, absolutely no one being home meant at least being able to be around Akito a bit longer. After I got with him, whether or not I was home alone didn't matter. I still, at least, had some time to spend with him.

...
...
...

     Hours. I've sat here for hours, not looking at the clock. Akito's name has been circulating throughout my mind. I hate the mere mention of him now, it feels like I did something wrong, like I should be guilty or ashamed of moving away, even if I had no choice over the matter. Akito.

     A void had been there, I suppose, before I ever met him, before I had run away from classical music. When my only friend was Tsukasa, he filled the void. A bit. Not too much, but a bit. Enough to leave me satisfied, pleased, for a while.  The moment I had befriended Akito, this supposed void felt... filled, I guess. It felt like it had vanished, no longer existing within myself. Ever since I've no longer had Akito beside me, not able to even talk to him, the void had reappeared, settling down inside my mind. For the first few weeks, there was a single thing I had wished for.

     "...I wish Akito was here. I miss him. I've... never felt this way about someone before."
     For... some reason, I had only realized then exactly how much he had meant to me. I knew he meant something to me before, but to the extent that he did, I didn't acknowledge. Or perhaps I did, but the time without him made me... forget, and then remember again. I still wish to talk with him. But I doubt I'd be able to hold a proper conversation with him. Shame from leaving him would be overwhelming. Even now, at times, the guilt feels suffocating.

     The feelings I get thinking about Aki- Akito now are ones I can tolerate, ones that don't remain there for longer than necessary. I've... slightly moved on, I think. With being able to control the emotions I feel about him, it's probably a sign I've at least started to move on. Though, even if I have begun to, the idea of being able to talk with him for at least a moment fills the void formerly mentions a bit. Not for long, but enough to bring some sort of joy to the moment.

Maybe understanding why I'm stuck on the thought of Akito, having an explanation for it, would help me move on. Besides, Father would... most likely get angry. My punishment for my previous actions have been us moving away, I'd preferably not push my luck any further. Besides, I have to practice for... it. The idea of the event pains me, it feels like some sort of cruel punishment. But, it's what I'm doing now. Maybe it'll give me a better ending, who knows.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—
{STILL TOYA'S POV}
I continue playing songs on the piano. I get up from my seat for only a moment, getting up to close the curtains. The light made it far more difficult to play anything, it hurts my eyes. As I close the windows, a certain things catches my eye; the Tenma's car, pulling up into the driveway. It's considerably late at night, though. Tsukasa doesn't often come over, with how far away I now live. I close my curtains, quickly rushing down my house's stairs. Due to how much I now need to practice, which Father says is a necessity, I don't often have much time for talking. I look out the window, mild excitement filling the emptiness. I watch as Father exits the car, Tsukasa and Saki leaving it with their mother a few moments after.

     I hear the front door click open. I slowly walk towards it, careful to not walk too loudly. Father has yelled at me a few times for it. I don't understand the reasoning, though it's just easier to walk quietly. I suspect he wouldn't yell, though, with the Tenmas over. I hear father call out for me.

"TOYA."
"..Hm? Father?"
"Tsukasa Tenma and Saki Tenma are here. Say hello to them. They'll be here for a day. Tsukasa will help you with that song." I only nod my head in response.
"HELLO, IT IS I, TSUKASA T-"
"Tsukasa, I don't think you need to yell, aha..." There was a small giggle after she finished her sentence,
"OH, apologies then! So, hello Toya! How have you been?"
"I've... been fine, A- Tsukasa. How've you been?" I almost said Akito's name. Fuck. I keep almost saying his name by accident. I miss... It's not the time to talk about him, and it's been months.
"I've been fine as well! My troupe and I have been putting on an awful lot of shows lately! Saki and her band have seen each of them! It would've been quite nice if you could come next show, it's in a couple of weeks. I'm sure your dad would allow you to come as well!" Leaving the house for a bit... sounds pleasant. Tsukasa's abnormally loud voice is mildly irritating, it hurts my head a bit. He seems to notice it though, I think. His voice softens a bit. Anyhow, seeing one of his shows might be quite fun.
"That sounds nice."
"Oh! Maybe we could also invite Kohane? She said she was free that day! ...She said Shiraishi and Shinonome were busy that day though, so sorry!" While Tsukasa's voice is loud and often sounds unusually excited, yet at times is more soft, Saki's is almost always cheerful. I enjoy listening to her speak, since it's somewhat calming.
"Please do. It'll be nice to talk to her again. Uh... anyways, let's go to my room." I can't force the words to fully come out properly.
"Alright! How about we all do a song together?" Tsukasa says, Saki slightly nodded her head excitedly.
"Sure. We have a day anyways, so we can do a few songs together." I can feel my heart beat a bit quicker, excited to finally have actual friends to talk to. We walk up the stairs, a mild echo coming from each step, a few creaks from the stairs.
—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•
{NO ONE'S POV}
     Akito opened his front door, the warm spring air blowing into his house. He steps outside, his footsteps quiet, no light in his eyes. He sighs, quickly running to the Weekend Garage. An and Kohane were waiting, and he didn't intend to annoy or upset them. He didn't wish to lose them, especially after losing Toya.
—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•
WORD COUNT: 1307
Might be finishing it this week. I'm having fun writing this, and there's a fan fiction I intend to write after this THAT'S ALSO AKITOYA.
Anyways, two or three more chapters left.