An Eternal Song, Below The Fireworks {9}

A/N: long. probably could've, and should've ended the chapter several times but fuck you all it's long.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•
     Almost 7 A.M. The ginger stood inside the tent, an autumn breeze moving throughout the air, as the harvest's area filled with people. The sounds of violins or cellos filled the air, some people enjoying it, some listening to their own music. Many had come alongside their families, lovers, or friends, though few came alone, not seeming disappointed about this in the slightest.

     And yet there Akito Shinonome and Toya Aoyagi stood, completely alone. The redhead waited patiently for An and Kohane to arrive, as for his performance would begin in hours to come, while the blue haired boy patiently sat, the memory of Akito filling his head. Slight tears developed in his eyes, with him attempting to blink them away, trying to merely concentrate on the rather loud music.

     Yet this felt near impossible, the music creating a horrid atmosphere, and the cheerful, excited laughs from afar only adding to it.

     Without his orange counterpart, he felt almost useless. Without the ginger, he was unable to focus. And being unable to keep his mind away from him, he merely walked outside the tent, instead deciding to explore the harvest. An activity he had once been able to do with his lover, exactly one year ago. Exactly one year before the unending pain.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•
     Akito walked over to the gates, the girls waiting for him. There was this light in his eyes, one of which had disappeared a year prior. Having only communicated over text during his weeks of practice, and his dryness from before lingering in his messages, it was a small surprise for them both.

     "Oh... h-hello, Akito."
     "Took you long enough... it's been a while..."
     "You messaged me 3 minutes ago, An. The tents are somewhat far away." A slight look of confusion, or perhaps irritation, appeared on his face.
"Mhmm.." An spoke, with Kohane quickly whispering something to the taller girl, before hastily apologizing to the ginger, earning a glare from him.
"Oi... ahem, let's start looking around."
"Have you not searched around?"
"He probably didn't, probably too busy thinking bout To-"
"The stalls weren't set up, asshole." His voice was temporarily normal once more (or what would have now become "normal"), his tone representing his annoyance.
"Okay... so, where to first?"
"I was thinking maybe we could just walk around?... Maybe Akito could search for Toya." Kohane turned around to look at the ginger, with him nodding in response, before walking away. Though, with his pace, it was more of a jog than a mere walk.

The blue haired girl took the shorter one's hand, a light blush forming on both girl's faces, as they walked down of the aisles, filled with stalls, filled with laughter.

Entirely unaware of the upcoming events on that eventful day, one of which would finally answer wishes, one that could fill the ever growing void in the boys hearts.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•
Wandering around the harvest, Toya paused in front of a rather large wooden board. This had not been here the previous harvest, and for once, curiosity struck the boy. He glanced at the top of the board, reading out "OFFICIAL PERFORMERS", and letting out a chuckle underneath his breath.

"Huh, guess this was something they requested... hah, reminds me of Ak-" he spoke softly, though paused. A feeling came over him.

A feeling as though someone was watching him, a watchful gaze cast upon him, like he had become the center of attention, the clown in the circus. A stare he was now familiar with, since he had returned to the city. One that still cast a feeling of isolation around him, a look from afar that struck some sort of fear within his heart.