Chapter 2

Shesha's tendrils shook, he felt something was off and growled at the sky.

Dobermann was talking to Nearl about the Catastrophe and Reunions goons might be lurking nearby.

"In any case, let's help out with the scouting. I'll quietly dispatch the enemy at our four o'clock. Hopefully their diseased organs won't explode or be rigged to serve as some kind of alarm." Said Dobermann as Shesha was borking at the medic for some attention, the medic looked amused by how quickly Shesha gave out his belly for her hand to rub.

"We'll wrap around and take care of the large group on the other side of the fortification. With this much chaos around us, nobody will notice a little more noise." Said Ace as Sheshe was playing with the medics finger like a cat to a string of yarn.

"Alright let's move out!" Barked Dobermann, Shesha quickly sprung into moving pancake mode and waddled over to Dokutah.

-----------

Time- Unknown \ Weather - Unknown\ Visibility- Poor

Chernobog - Operation Squad E0's Location

Dr. Dokutah Rescue Operation, Phase 3

---------

"This clinic.... Amiya, haven't we been here before?" Questioned the medic.

"You're right.... But why has it.... Become like this?" Said Amiya as Shesha sniffed the ruins of the clinic before whimpering.

"It's been totally abandoned.... It looks like it was attacked by Reunion." Said the Medic.

"Wasn't this Azazel, the clinic for the infected?" Said the Guard as Shesha was now being held by Dokutah.

"Yes..." said Amiya.

"Even though they had access to Chernobog's entire underground intelligence network, they still refused to work with us.... Back then, it wasn't clear what kind of dealings that we had with Reunion... If only they had given us some info, or even just a hint... We could've been out of here by now. They brought this outcome upon themselves!!" Said a Guard.

"That's not the entire story..."

"Amiya, were there for the negotiations, weren't you? That cold and arrogant attitude of theirs really ticked me off."

"We can't blame them." Said Ace.

"Boss..."

Shesha sniffed the air before going into an alleyway to see a girl with cat features.

"It's hard for the infected to trust anyone. After enduring so many hardships, who can blame them for becoming jaded and stubborn?" Said Ace.

"I can understand why they did what they did... and I can forgive them. Those who don't protect themselves are easily hurt by others. Moreover, the infected often can't even trust each other. Not everyone is able to stomach the kinds of risks that we take either..." Amiya said.

Shesha approached the girl, the girl noticed quickly and quaked, unsure of what to do, Shesha barked and started to move in to try and convince her that he was good.

He ran around ecstatically before running against a wall before quickly healing from the pain, the girl couldn't stop herself from smiling at Shesha before gently patting his head.

"A clinic for the infected?" Said Dokutah.

"Azazel.... They were a black market clinic that only provided services to the infected. Given the social status of the infected, they couldn't openly reveal themselves in public. Some of the infected, not wanting to be thrown into quarantine, are hiding throughout the city, just trying to survive. Azazel was aimed at providing services to these people.... They must have rejected Reunion's proposals." Said Amiya further explaining that the disease also grants powers.