Dance With Me

MC's POV:

I took my time in the shower, letting my thoughts wash over me. I tie my hair back into a loose braid that runs down my back. He bought some jeans and a low-cut black t-shirt that hugs my curves just right. The outfit is simple, but it fits me like a glove. I took one last look in the mirror and went out to meet my love.

I sprint straight to him and wrap my arms around him in the beariest of bear hugs I could manage.

"What was that for?" He asks, still holding me close.

"Well, I missed you and I am so thankful to you, thankful for you."

He kisses me on the top of my head and quickly returns to his kitchen duties. I set the table, trying to stay busy.

"You really can't keep spoiling me like his. I am going to start expecting it."

"Why can't I spoil you? Why shouldn't you expect it? You should always be taken care of." He pauses. "Do you feel better after the shower?"

"Yes. I didn't realize how much I needed it. Thank you again for all of the things and these clothes."

"I'm glad they fit. I found your size on the wet clothes from last night. I was still a little nervous about it."

"They fit perfectly."

"Yes. They do. You look beautiful." His eyes travel over my body but he is a gentleman and turns away quickly.

"Our grilled cheeses are ready, can you grab the pickles out of the refrigerator?" He asks from one side of the marble island that doubles the size of the kitchen.  The kitchen, is by far, the most impressive part of the cabin.  It has been used well, but the space is ample and organized. The cabinets rise full stop to the ceiling and require the use of a ladder to gather all ingredients.  His mother must have loved to cook.  I wish I could have met her.

"Already done, I remembered," I answered, "grilled cheese, but always with pickles."

"Why would I ever doubt you?" he asks.

I shrugged, "I remember all of the things you tell me. You are important."

The look that crossed his face was one of astonishment. He shouldn't be astonished. He should be considered and loved. I will work to make him feel as cherished as he makes me feel.

"Should we finish our questions while we eat? I still have five more." He asks.

"Sure." I say, but now that I am going to want to hold his hand and stare int his eyes.

Our feet touch under the table and we leave them there. Constant touch seems to be necessary for both of us. Will it always be this way? I hope so.

"Ok, I was on sixteen...Would you ever give up coffee?"

"That is a horrible thought, but if I was pregnant or if you asked me to I would. I don't think there would be any other reason for me to avoid it. By the way, this grilled cheese is really delicious."

"I would never ask you to give up coffee. I am afraid of you without caffeine. Thanks about the grilled cheese, it is a secret recipe." He winks, but I think he is serious.

"Oooh. What is the secret? We shouldn't have secrets." I am testing his reserve.

"When we share the same last name, I will tell you. The only secrets I keep until then will have to do with food and surprises." He looks at me sternly, but I know he is teasing.

I won't pry.  Darn it.  He is a man of his word. 

Wait, did he say when we share the same last name? He did and I smile getting lost in thought. He reaches for my hand, even thought we are sitting side by side.  I take it and we sit in quiet for the next few moments.  It isn't uncomfortable, we are just there, in the exact place we want to be.