09

When it was finally time for the harvest festival Daisy was frantic. She didn't know what to wear and she didn't even know what to expect. First she'd make sure Wednesday could leave safe with Tyler and then she'd go with Xavier and have fun. 

Veronica was going to stay with Tyler, and Wednesday, as long as she could and Enid had something planned with Yoko. Everybody knew she was just waiting to go with Ajax, but they were both too shy to ask the other out. 

"Well, good luck and safe travels." Enid, Veronica and Daisy were all gather together in a small circle to say goodbye to the pigtailed girl. Enid had probably the best connection with her, as far as Wednesday's connections went at least. The werewolf stepped forward spreading her arm to wrap the shorter girl in a hug. But of course like the first time they met she stepped backwards, "Still not a hugger. Got it."

Enid nodded her head once more before walking off to Yoko and her other friends. Veronica stayed a little longer but left to Tyler once his dad left his side. So then there were only Daisy and Wednesday.

"Guess I'll say my goodbye too," the blonde spoke up, "I don't know you. I do find it a little disappointing I didn't get that chance to get to know you. But from what I found out you can't easily change your mind and honestly I would leave along with you if I had the chance."

"Then why haven't you already."

The blonde scoffed, shaking her head as she put her hands in her jacket's pockets. "You clearly haven't met my mother."

"Nor have you mine."

"I guess we would've had something to relate to each other," Daisy shrugged her shoulders turning her head to the booth they were standing in front. "I wish you safe travels Wednesday. And maybe, we'll see each other again."

The blonde was making her way to turn around and walk off when Wednesday called her back, she hadn't heard the black-haired girl spoke so softly or vulnerable since she had arrived, "I think we would've gotten along too."

It wasn't much, seeing as she was still talking monotonously and didn't move her lips. But the meaning behind those words gave it away. That was enough for Daisy.

Daisy had finally walked away from the other girl and found herself by a shooting game. 

"Can you shoot just as good with this as with your bow?"

"Xavier, I wouldn't underestimate me again, now wouldn't we?"

The boy besides her chuckled. She truly hadn't changed. Not in the thick lines, but when he'd search for those little details he loved, loves, so much he noticed she truly has changed. But maybe it was his job to get her back like back then. Chill, relaxed, and lively. 

"I would never," he said instead. 

Daisy had eventually won the game, she had almost the double amount of points as Xavier. Which made him pout, and her call him a cry baby. 

"I am not a cry baby," he exclaimed after they picked their prizes. "You take that back!"

Daisy was laughing hard, she had her one arm draped over her teddy she won and her other over stomach which she sometimes used to wipe a tear. "Nope, I don't think I will."

Her answer made the boy smirk, which in its turn made hers disappear, "Are you sure?"

"Y-yup."

"You stuttered."

"No I didn-"

"Yes you did." Now he was dangerously close, his breath fanned her face and made her hair move, she could smell his cologne and was almost touching his nose. Her eyes were focused on his, which made it impossible for her to miss it when his eyes trailed down to her lips. 

"No, I did not."

When she spoke she was still studying his face, which was still dangerously close, she noticed his lips quirk up from her words and his eyes snap back up to meet hers. It looked like he was leaning forward but she didn't have time to find that out as her head started flooding with pain. 

"Dais?" she almost didn't hear his words. She saw his lips move and his brows furrow, just like she did with her own. His face was converted into a concerned expression instead of his teasing and confident smirk. "Flower, look at me-"

But he didn't finish his sentence before her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she collapsed in his arms. He was breathing heavy and his face showed he was scared. 

"Flower?" his hands went to her shoulders so he could turn her around and look at her face. "Daisy, Dais-" his words were frantic as his eyes filled with tears, his hands were shaking and his legs could give out at any moment. "Flower please wake up."

And just like he asked she gasped and reach forward, her hands grasping his shoulders.

"Jesus Flower!" the boy sighed, a tear rolling down his eyes which he wiped away fast so she wouldn't see. But she looked disoriented as her eyes kept looking from left to right. "Dais? What's going on?"

"I think Wednesday is danger."

Daisy was too late, before she could remember where Wednesday would be they already heard sirens and saw the lights flicker. 

And just like that everybody forgot about it. The next day it was as if nothing happened, nobody believed Wednesday when she'd say that Rowan tried to kill her and that a monster killed him. 

Not when everybody saw Rowan leave the school grounds, claiming he was expelled. 

"It doesn't make sense," Daisy said. She was walking alongside Xavier towards their next class of the day. "I always remember the stuff I see in visions-"

"But this wasn't really a vision right?"

"I don't know, Xav!" she responded getting frustrated at her own head and stupid 'power'. "It felt like something was off, before I knew it I was pinned to a tree, at least it felt like it and m-it looked like it. Everything Wednesday says is what I saw, so I was looking through her eyes, Xavi! I was watching it from her eyes at the exact moment it was happening!"

"I could ask my da-"

"No," she sighed softly, "You don't need to do that for me you know."

"I would -"

"I know, but you don't have to. I'll figure it out don't worry," she wrapped her arms around his waist placing her head on his chest. Xavier laughed at her, he knew her well enough to know she was having some internal questions and debates over it. But he could also see she was sincere about not talking to his dad. "I'll be fine."

She had her chin placed on his chest so he could look up at him, her beautiful eyes staring straight at his face with a cute smile adorning her lips. Xavier would describe it like that. And thank god Veronica wasn't there because his heart was going a mile per hour. 

But what scared him more was that she looked extremely kissable. 

And he wasn't sure if he'd be able to stop himself from doing so if she ever looked at him like that again.

He didn't even know if he wouldn't just crumble in class and kiss her. 

No, that'd fucking weird.