24

Daisy opened her eyes to find Wednesday and an opposite Wednesday? The girl in front of Wednesday had white hair, a white dress and over all was just Wednesday. Daisy shot up from the ground once she registered she was still laying on it. 

"You're the Raven in my bloodline, Wednesday."

"I was told you could teach me how to control my ability."

"There is no controlling a raging river. You must learn to navigate it without drowning. Time is not on our side." 

Goody didn't look at Daisy, she stared back at Wednesday with the same unreadable and emotionless eyes. 

"To stop Crackstone, this place you must seek."

They both turned to a fence. It had overgrown grass at its roots and behind it was a very vague image of a house, a very much abandoned house.

"Do you always speak in riddles?"

"Do you always seek simple answers?" 

"The path of a Raven is a solitary one. You end up alone, unable to trust others, only seeing the darkness within them."

"Is that supposed to scare me?" 

"It should." Was Goody's simple answer however all three of them - even though Daisy still hadn't been acknowledged - knew she wasn't. Wednesday saw it as a challenge, something fun.

Goody started disappearing, her image going up in the smoke around them. 

"I guess you will want us t o go there?"

"Almost as if you can read my mind."

Daisy didn't like this quest. She liked it even less when Wednesday too, disappeared and she was suddenly alone in a vision that wasn't even hers. The house and the fence blew away too , now it was just darkness, nothing she could see or feel, there was no ground beneath her feet, nothing for her hands to grab. She was falling. 

"Don't follow her. Don't follow her." 

Daisy hadn't talked to Wednesday yet, she hadn't even seen her to be exact. 

"I'm telling you Vee, this idea Nes has may really be a bad idea!"

"Come on Dais," Veronica sighed as she looked at her best friend, "It's not like any of her other ideas had been good! Besides we don't even know what her idea is, how can you already call it bad?"

"Because-"

"Right, the voice told you not to follow her."

"I feel like you're making fun of me."

"I am not!" Veronica gasped, placing a hand over her heart and her eyebrows shooting up far to high to be considered normal. "How dare you accuse me of such thing!"

"Alright drama queen," Daisy chuckled, "Enough about my  life. I saw a certain someone drop you off yesterday..." 

"It wasn't like that-" Veronica started but her smile and blush had already told Daisy everything.

"Love, I don't have to be an empath to know something happened. Tell me!"

Wednesday was standing in the courtyard staring at the letters burnt in the grass. Fire will rain

What does that even mean?

"In the crypt, you had another vision, didn't you?"

The pigtailed looked to her left to find Xavier there. She knew he still hadn't forgiven her, she stil found him suspicious, the only reason she tolerated him was because of Daisy. "I didn't realize we were back on speaking terms."