19

"Vee, Dais! We have to go shopping together!" Enid squealed when she found out they all three would be going to the Rave'n. "I want a really pretty dress!"

"Doesn't everybody want a pretty dress?"

"I don't," Wednesday spoke up from besides them. "That's why I'm not going to the dance."

"Nobody asked you?"

"As if anybody would dare ask her," Veronica scoffed slightly, "What? Don't look at me like that everybody is bloody scared of her, she scares away anyone who would ever ask her on a date!"

"With pleasure."

Daisy laughed awkwardly at their conversation and instead let her eyes wander over to Xavier who was talking with Ajax. 

"Alright, so we're going shopping for a dress, would you like to come along Nes?"

"No."

"Right," the blonde nodded again, "Of course."

While Veronica, Daisy and Enid went shopping none of them had any idea what Wednesday was doing. She had gone to the sheriff's office and showed them a picture of the monster that Xavier had drawn. She thought he was the monster. She was going to get him arrested. 

The day ended pretty soon after their shopping trip, Veronica decided she'd stay a little longer with Tyler while Enid and Daisy went back towards the school. 

"So what? He just didn't turn up?"

"Nope," Enid sighed. She had been so excited for her date with Ajax, and Daisy knew he was too, but he hadn't shown. "Ghosted me or something."

"I'm sure he didn-"

"He did Daisy," Enid cut her off, "I know you're trying to be nice and you are! But don't sweet talk him, don't sugarcoat his actions. He ghosted me end of story, end of conversation."

The taller girl nodded her head silently and didn't speak again in their trip. It wasn't an awkward silence, it wasn't comfortable either, but it was just quiet. Nothing more.

Daisy walked off to find Xavier once they were back on the grounds, she searched every cornor and every curve of the castle, even going as far as entering the secret library, but she couldn't find him anywhere. 

"Daisy-"

She spun around only to be met with the boy himself, "Xav-!"

"Did you help her?"

"What?"

"Wednesday, did you help her?" Xavier was obviously not in the mood for jokes and giggles, he was completely serious and held a stone cold expression. 

"With what?"

"Going into my shed?" he asked, raising his voice slightly, "You thought I was the monster?"

"What?- No!" Daisy denied, she wrapped her hand around his wrist and pulled him away from the crowded hallway into a much quieter one, "She told me she needed my help with something so I said I'd help. When we walked towards your studio I tried to talk her out of it because it wasn't right. Then she told me her theories and I said she wass crazy, after that we walked in on you and we talked-"

"You said you believed me," Xavier interupted, "Do you still?"

"Of course!"

"Okay," he sighed, his shoulders dropped and his eyes sparkled again losing the hard facade and crushing the girl before him in a hug, "I don't know what I'd do if you didn't."