18

Once they got back from their very lovely walk in the woods, they all had gathered in the bleachers again. If Daisy were honest she couldn't tell you what the mayor was talking about, she wouldn't be able to tell you what her principle was talking about. She started paying attention when the statue lit on fire and Wednesday started playing an interesting song.

Then she was dragged away by Xavier and not long after they all got send back to Nevermore grounds.

"Who would do such a thing?!" Enid had been asking that every moment she got, she was sad about her not being able to do her performance.

"Enid, love, we all know who did it."

"Love?" "Who?"

But Ajax and Daisy laughed at that, Xavier's reaction was pretty expected whilst Enid didn't even notice probably.

That night Veronica and Daisy had decided to go hang together. Enid would be going on her date with Ajax whilst Wednesday had politely declined their offer.

"So how was working with Ty?"

Veronica laughed as she threw a pillow at the blondes head.

"It was nice," she eventually said as her cheeks tinted a beautiful rose and her lips turned into a downwards smile. "He asked me out."

"He did not!"

"Yes he did!"

"This the best day ever!!"

They both giggled as they laced their hands together so Daisy could pull her up the bed and they could jump on it.

"I am so happy for you!" Daisy exclaimed hugging her friend close, "I am so happy for me!"

Their evening was spent laughing, dreaming and just playing together. No boys (present), no murders, no chaos. Just two best friends in a room...

(They might kiss..)

The next day Wednesday had asked them both to come up to Enid and her room.

"When I suggested giving your side of the room a makeover, I did not have Ted Bundy's Pinterest in mind," Veronica said as she slowely walked over to Enid's side a little more.

"Still not as creepy as Enid's stuffed unicorn collection."

"Is this why you snuck out last night?"

"You sneaked out?!"

"And didn't ask us?"

"Veronica don't encourage her!"

"Thing and I made an unsanctioned trip to the morgue to copy the files of the monster's victims." Wednesday seamed unbothered by the three girls standing behind her, but if she were honest. She liked how they would just come when she'd ask. They were there for her. She couldn't say that about a lot of people.

"Okay, there are so many levels of ew in that statement, I don't know where to begin."

"I need to get inside its head. Discover any patterns or anomalies. I've already made a big discovery," Wednesday spoke further, Veronica felt how her chest swelled with pride whilst her face kept no emotion. "Turns out all of the monster's victims have had body parts surgically removed. The first one a kidney, the second a finger..." she turned around and took some photo's out her hands and gave them to Enid, Veronica and Daisy.

"Wednesday, I don't feel... " Enid tried to speak but she didn't hear her, or ignored her.

"Third a gall bladder. And the bearded man from the meeting house, two toes. Do you understand what this means? These murders aren't mindless."