17

Daisy and Xavier had waited a little longer, seeing as it was pretty busy in Weathervane and Xavier wouldn't let her go alone, but once it cooled down a bit Tyler had given him time of saying he and Veronica would be able to handle the rest.

When they left it started raining just a little bit, it was soft and didn't drench them completely when they walked in it. Daisy loved the rain. When it started to rain at her house she would always but on her boots and run as fast as she could to play outside. She would jump in the puddles, circle around with her tongue out, and sometimes she'd just lay there. 

Her mom didn't like when she did that so she did when her mother wasn't home. Which really wasn't a rare occurrence. Her mother was away often, not that Daisy knew where to, but she wasn't home. 

At first she also didn't mind her father was always there to play with her and make her forget about her mother's neglect. 

"Oh my little Flower!! Where are you!"

He heard her giggling somewhere upstairs, they were playing hide and seek, one of Daisy's favourites. When he opened a door upstairs he heard her giggling become louder. She wasn't in their bedroom, nor was she in her own. Eventually he opened the bathroom to find her hiding behind the door for the shower. Which was see-through. 

"I don't think my little Flower is here?" he frowned at the showercabine so she could notice his pout. "I think she's gone!"

At that little Daisy pushed the door open and screamed at him, she was laughing hysterically as her father acted surprised. 

"You don't catch me!" she screamed as her little legs ran out of the bathroom and downstairs.

"I will catch my Flower!"

They had spent en eternity running around in the house, they circled every table they could find, jumped over every chair and every couch piece.

Until her father finally wrapped his arms around her little waist and prepped her stomach and neck full of kisses. Making her giggle and scream, pleading him to stop as his stubble tickled her. 

"Stop, Papa!"

Once he did she only put her hands on his face smiling up at him. "I luv you papa."

"I love you more little Flower."

"Rain!" she giggled as her father set her down, her little legs carrying her to their glass door where she could see the soft droplets of water splat in their garden. "Play in Rain?"

"Of course!"

She never really played in the rain after her father passed. She never really played hide and seek, she never let anyone call her little flower. Nobody except Xavier. Because she had told him the story. He knew it made her feel at home, but only if a loved one spoke it, it warmed his heart when he got permission to say it. 

"Flower?"

"Mhm?"

"Needed to check if you were still with me," he smiled as her focus seemed back on earth. A soft smile graced her lips and it made her face light up, which made Xavier hide his own. 

"Yeah," she whispered softly, her eyes were brimmed with tears, but her smile and expression told him she was happy. So he didn't question it, he knew she hated it when someone pointed out she was crying. It made her feel weak, and Daisy Fortuna was anything but weak. 

He smiled at her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, but they didn't stay there long as she took his hand and turned him so he was looking at her. "Dance with me!"