❅Mugsy has a crushsy❅

You were placed on top of the sofa by Mugman and Cuphead, and he did his best to warm you by covering you with a blue blanket. Meanwhile, Cuphead began assembling the fireplace. Mugman rushed to the kitchen to get the hot chocolate he had made before returning to where you were lying down. If you wake up at all, Mugman left the cocoa for later. Ten times in all, Mugman checked to see if you were breathing before Cuphead approached them. Cuphead had completed constructing the fireplace.

"oh, cuphead, they aren't waking up!"

As he sat down next to you and gently held your hand, Mugman murmured. Cuphead sent a troubled glance your way before turning to face Mugman. After that, Cuphead grabbed his own hot cocoa off the table and sat down on the ground. He talked before getting a drink.

"I'm sure they will be alright. we just gotta make sure they are all warmed up."

Trying to calm Mugman down, Cuphead replied. Before turning to face his brother once more, Cuphead took a sip from his cup. Cuphead had a horrible feeling. He was the cause of this. They would have been okay if he had listened.

"I'm sorry about this.. I shouldn't of plugged that stupid heater in.."

Cuphead muttered while turning his back on his brother. He was genuinely sorry. Mugman gave his brother a surprised expression as he gazed at him. He then turned to face the ground. then gave a reply.

"its alright, don't blame yourself."

The Mug spoke while leaning back and keeping his hands in yours. While you were unconscious, he caught himself looking at you, albeit not for very long since he didn't want to appear creepy. He looked around the living room as a result. He could see his brother sitting in front of the fire and drinking some hot chocolate. Before replying, Cuphead merely kept staring at his drink.

"so, you like y/n?"

In a nonchalant tone, Cuphead questioned. The question caught Mugman off guard, but he was expecting it. He gave you a second look before turning to his brother.

"y-yeah, i guess i do."

Mugman muttered as he began to blush slightly before turning his head away from his brother. Cuphead wasn't too shocked by this as Mugman frequently has crushes on people left and right, but they almost never resulted in a relationship. Cuphead never truly experienced a crush. After finishing his cocoa, Cuphead stretched. before wishing Mugman good night and explaining how he was going to bed. On the other hand, Mugman made the decision to stay up till y/n was up. He was too anxious to sleep.

✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸✸

short part sorry. ushue