Chapter 9

Morning came and athanasia was the first one to awake.. or that what she thinks because Lucas was nowhere in the room.

*yawn*

She yawned and spreads her hands. Athanasia looked at her surroundings to see the room is different than her own..

"Huh..? Where am i..?

Ah yes... i got married.." it took her a while to realize that she have now a different life and a different room as well. She rubbed her face and sighs.

"Where is lucas by the way?" She glanced again on the sofa then at the floor but couldn't find lucas.

"He must be sleeping in the living room.." she glanced at the clock beside her to see its 8 o'clock

"Let's wake up now.. I can't give bad impression on the first day. What will they say..?" She immediately pulled away the blanket and goes immediately to the bathroom that's outside.

Their marriage was a contract but it was a real marriage to the world, so they both have already taken 3 days off from their work but athanasia didn't want to take a day off from her college as it's her last year. She intended to do her as they say 'wife responsibility' then immediately goes to her college which neither lucas nor his mom refused to let her continue her studies after marriage. Because the marriage is real to them, some people along with lucas's mom expected a honeymoon but because neither of them was comfortable to do so with other reasons, they postponed it... but in reality, they won't do it while the divorce is expected after less than a year..

Athanasia goes to the bathroom and took a shower, prepared herself then goes down to be confused and surprised when no one was there..

"Where's lucas and aunty?.." she mumbled "lucas doesn't have a work today nor even aunty can work in the first place.. where are they..?"

"Lucas..?! Aunty?!.." she decided to shout but it wasn't loud so to not annoy them. She walked till she look at her left to see a black haired man sitting on the grass with someone laying on his thigh..

"Ah here they are.." she goes, opened the balcony that also can led to the backyard and descended the stairs and walked till she reached lucas and speaks in a low voice

"Lucas, what are you and aunty doing here? Don't tell me you two stayed here since the night..?" She asked while leaning down

"Mom was asleep. I couldn't disturb her" he said in a strange tone to athanasia.. she glanced at him to see him staring in front... nothing in particular but he seemed.. pale..? He didn't even look at her when she asked. His eyes was open widened and he seemed freezing.. the aura makes athanasia both worried and scared..

" don't you need anything? Before i go to the college?" She asked after putting aside her worries

"No"

'Okay, this seemed really strange. What's wrong with him?'

"Are you okay, lucas?" She asked to make sure nothing happened

"Yes" she sighed at this

"Okay. I'll make a tea with some egg for you before leaving.." she turned to leave but stopped when lucas finally talked

"Strange. Mom said she'll wake up soon but didn't.." these words makes athanasia alert as her heart began to accelerate.. Lucas's voice was both calm but you can hear the trembling in his voice as if he was acting strong..

"L-lucas..." she said in a low voice

"Athanasia, can you help me wake mom up, she says to wake her up shortly after taking a small nap but strange... no matter how many times i call her... she didn't reply... not even when i shake her.." he looked at her pleadingly, his eyes glittered as if he's about to cry but prevented himself from it.. as if he was about to deny... her heart falls at this