12 - Fourty-Eighth Go

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. ~Margaret Mead

Luke's POV

I sat next to Ashton - more like on Ashton - as we were at a picnic table. I was popping fries into his mouth and he only laughed every time.

"You don't need to feed me Luke!" Ashton laughed. "You're not even eating." At this point Ashton held out a fry to me and I leaned forward and put it in my mouth. "There that's better."

"We're so PDA oriented." I laughed as I looked around us.

"Do we need to go somewheres else so you can sit on my lap and feed me French fries." Ashton laughed.

"No I'm good right here." I smiled and pecked Ashton's lips.

I laid my head down on Ashton's shoulder as he rubbed my back gently. He continued eating but I just looked around us. Seeing everyone interact with one another. We were indeed freaks of nature but we did not care. No one did.

"Shouldn't you boys be working instead of stuffing and sucking faces?" I lifted my eyes to see Ali standing on the other side of the table. She took her seat.

I lifted my head up. "Oh, suck my - "

"Luke!" Ashton cut me off. "Don't say that!"

"Yeah you're suppose to tell him that, not me." Ali laughed.

"Okay. Ashton will you - "

"Lucas!"

"My name is Luke!"

"Shut up." Ashton muttered, his face turning a deep red color. I smirked and kissed his cheek. He rolled his eyes but did not say anything else.

"How's Kayla?" I asked Ali.

"She's good." Ali nodded. "She's healthy and happy and that's what matters."

"Well that's good." I smiled.

"Yeah I have your play-thing taken care of it." Ali winked.

"Ashton isn't just my play-thing." I laughed. "He's a garbage disposal also. I mean look, he's eating all of my food."

"You're feeding me!" Ashton interjected.

"Sh. Garbage cans don't talk." I snickered as I patted Ashton's cheek.

"Well how's your sister?" Ali asked. "I never see that little flower."

"I don't really care at the moment." I shrugged.

"Let me guess, she tried to get you fired. Again." Ali laughed. "I think this is the forty-eighth time this whole scenario has happened."

"Forty-eight!?" Ashton gasped. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah it happens all the time." Ali shrugged. "Don't worry, they'll make up by tomorrow's performance. They'll settle their differences. Always do."

"Not this time." I grumbled. "I'm done."

"Funny, you said that on the twenty-eighth time." Ali laughed and I glared at her.

"I should not have joined the circus, you are all nuts." Ashton sighed.

"But then you wouldn't have met me." I said, putting on a slight pout.

"Oh yeah." Ashton said. He leaned forward and kissed me before smiling "Worth it."

"Gay couples are weird." Ali said, shaking her head.

"Straight couples are weird." Ashton replied, smiling to her.

"You don't have a say cause you're sleeping with one of your bosses." I said and Ali began to choke.

"Wait what!?" Ashton gasped. "You're sleeping with Calum!?"

"No Michael." I said.

Ashton let out a gasp before pushing me off his lap and standing up.

"Where are you going!?" I called.

"To talk to Michael!" Ashton yelled as he ran towards the menagerie. I let out a sigh and shook my head before eating what was left of our food.

"Smooth move Luke, now he's gonna go ask Michael." Ali laughed. "He thinks you're serious."

"I was serious."

Ali went wide eyed. "Wait..You don't actually.." Ali shook her head. "Luke, I don't have anything against Michael but we're not a thing."

"But it would be so cute, so go make it a thing." I said. "I mean, straight couples are weird..But we need them to repopulate the earth. So you two go have children and then give them to me."

"You're a sick bastard, did you know that?"

"Yes. Yes I did." I smiled. I stood up and walked away from the table. Back towards the menagerie.

When I walked in I walked past the small panther's cage. She began to hiss at me and I took a couple steps backwards.

"I'm not going to hurt you." I said. "Why do you always hiss at me, huh pretty kitty?" Her hissing stopped and she sat down, turning away from me. I guess I was getting on her good side.

I saw Michael talking to Ashton in the center of the tent and walked towards them.

"Hey Luke." Michael smiled. "Why'd you tell Ashton that Ali and I are together?"

"I swear I thought you were." I said.

"No." Michael shook his head, still laughing slightly.

"I finished our food for you so don't worry." I said to Ashton who let out a groan. "Hey, you left!"

"Yeah I know." Ashton sighed. "Why are you here, anyways?"

"I can't come visit some of my favorite people?" I smiled.

"Ha." Michael snorted. "Well I have work to do, pretty boy. So I'll let you too make out just don't scare the lions."

"Yes sir." I replied.

"Hey I'm not making out with you, you just ate all of our food." Ashton whined.

"Ashton, you had a bunch of it already!" I sighed.

"Whatever I'm done with your PDA." Ashton smiled, sticking his tongue out. "Why don't you go practice and make up with CiCi and I can watch?"

"Fine." I grumbled. "If it makes you happy, your highness."

"I can make it worth your while." Ashton cooed into my ear, and if I was a dog my tail would be wagging.

"Oh, okay." I smiled. Ashton and I headed towards the big top where I saw Cirri up on the bars, I watched her fall down into the net several times before yelling her name.

"Come back?" She asked as she walked towards us.

"Look at you, falling from your bar." I said, putting my hands on my waist. "And you have the audacity to give me hell?"

"Sorry." Cirri sighed.

"I'm sorry too but you really need to stop trying to get me fired." I said. "It's very irritating."

"Especially after forty-eight times." Ashton muttered.

"Anyways," I said. "I'm sorry for saying that I hated you, I didn't mean it. But I'm here now so go get up there and we can practice."

"Eh alright." Cirri shrugged. While she walked back I turned to Ashton.

"What do I get?" I asked.

"Nothing I just wanted this to be over." Ashton smirked.

"You lied!" I gasped. I turned back to Cirri. "Disregard everything I just said!"

"What!?"

"Never mind!" I said. I turned to Ashton as I walked towards the contraption behind me. "You are aggravating."

"I know!" Ashton smiled as he took a seat. "Show me your moves, pretty boy."

I rolled my eyes and climbed up the ladder. Ready for another round of practicing.