3 - Blonde Boy

The aim of art is to represent not the outwards appearance of things, but their inward significance. ~Aristotle

Ashton's POV

"Luke certainly has..Character." I said as I watched him walk around and mingle with others. Slightly dancing all the way.

"Oh yeah, he does. Always has." Cirri said as we continued to walk around. "He's very usually energetic. It's not to often you see otherwise."

"You don't seem to fit it as much as he does." I pointed out.

"Yeah, well." Cirri shrugged. "Being like Luke is not my forte. I'm good at doing my own thing. And that's usually being calm."

"Who's younger?" I asked, still watching Luke leaping around.

"Luke is." Cirri said. "Doesn't seem like it, maybe because he's a giant, but otherwise I'm the one who should be the oldest."

"Quick question," I said. "Have either of you fallen?"

"Before Luke was an acrobat I had another partner," Cirri said, looking into the distance as if she was recalling the event. "I went to catch him but he slipped off his bar too early. I had barely grabbed his arm. But, I couldn't hang on. I would've fallen too, I was hanging on with one arm. So he pushed off of me, and splat. He smashed against the ground. Screaming at the top of his broken lungs, he died a few days later."

"You don't seem to show any..Guilt." I said.

"Well it wasn't my fault!" Cirri said. "The fool let go of the bar too soon!" She sucked in a deep breath. Speaking as she exhaled. "I didn't even know Luke did acrobatics until one day when we were in our hometown, I saw him and he said to let him join the circus. Originally he was just going to be scooping dung. But one day, I went in the Big Top and saw him on the acrobat's mechanism. Swinging on a bar and quite impressively."

"So you let him be your new partner?" I asked.

"No, actually." Cirri said. "I told Luke that he couldn't be an acrobat, because I didn't want him getting hurt. He was furious, because that's all he wanted to be. As a result he went over my head. He went straight to Calum. Who took a liking to him immediately. Made Luke show his performance on the bar, and on several other activities. Like silk ropes and just gymnastics. To my dismay, Calum loved him. Partnered us up right away. Used the siblings gig as a cute bit."

"You still wish he wasn't your partner, don't you?" I asked.

"It's like, every time we practice or perform there's this thought on my mind that it could all be over in seconds." Cirri sighed. "But, just gotta make sure we do our best and nothing will happen. Circus accidents are rare, more of a rarity then people believe."

"That's good for me to hear, I'm stuck with animals." I smiled.

"Oh man, don't mess with Honey." Cirri said.

"Who..?"

"She's a horse, a beautiful golden colored horse with a cream mane." Cirri said. "But she can be one hell of a horse when it comes to her stubbornness. She almost chomped straight down on Michael's arm."

"Guys you're so slow!" Luke yelled as he walked in front of us. "I want food."

"Alright, alright. Relax Luke." Cirri said. The three of us got our meals and settled down at a table. Luke sat next to me, Cirri sat across from us.

"Hey guys." A bright red haired girl smiled as she sat down next to Cirri.

"Hey Crimson." Cirri said.