She deserves better (1)

,,You know, it can get very confusing to watch your bestfriend dancing. Especially when you looking at her with that look."

Tom snapped out of his thoughts and turned his head to Jakob. He was grinning.

,,W-what?" Tom shouted.

,,I said. " Jakob lent his head to Toms. ,,Stop starring at Zendaya."

Toms grimaced ,,I don't starr."

Jakob chuckled. ,,There is nothing more obvious then you starring. Anyway, want a Tequila too?"

Tom nodded, already back in his own thoughts. Jakob stood up and made his way through the crowd of people.

They were at Toms house, celebrating their last day of shooting their new movie, No way home. The party was huge, basically everyone from set was there and also a few of their friends.

Someone turned the music louder and immediatelly the room was filled with even more dancing people.

Despite Jakobs comment, Tom let his gaze wander back to his Co-Star, bestfriend and.. well. And his crush.

Zendaya was dancing, fully in her own thoughts and fantasies, her beautiful yellow dress emphasizising her figure and her long, curly hair flying and falling around her head like a veil or halo.

The purple and blue discolight made her look even more flawless in her dancing.

Tom found himself smiling by just watching her. How much he would give to.. be with her. But he didn't deserve her. She was not is league, and he knew that very well. He was already lucky enough to be her bestfriend, and he didn't want to risk or ruin that by admitting, that he was crushing on her. Even though it hurted, he just had to life with those stupid butterflys and the warmy fuzzy feeling in his chest. He just couldn't risk their friendship.

Jakob came back with their drinks and Tom banished those thoughts away.

A few minutes they were just sitting in silence, watching Zendaya from afar.

,,I hurts, right?" Jakob suddenly whisper shouted.

Tom swallowed. He never told Jakob directly about his Crush on their friend, but he wasn't surprised Jakob noticed. He was his best friend too.

He lowered his head. ,,Yeah.. it does. But this is not about me. I want her to be happy." Again, there was silence. ,,Did you ever thought of maybe, she'd be happy with you?"

Tom laughed bitter. ,,That's what I'm dreaming Jakob, but let's be honest, she is not my league. We both know." ,,Tom. It's not about league or good enough. It's about love and adoration. And about the chemistry, that both of you desperately try to ignore."

Tom sighed. ,,I stopped making my hopes up, Jakob. I am not enought for her, she deserves someone better. I'm no boyfriend material, we saw it in my last relationship."

,,Nadia cheated on you, Tom. It wasn't your fault."

,,It was. I wasn't good enough. I wasn't trying enough. I.. -" ,,-Stop. We've been here. That bitch cheated on you and betrayed you for weeks. It was her decision and not your fault at all. You was trying to be everything she could ever have, but she let it down and ruined it. She didn't deserve you. When will you finally understand?!" Jakob groaned.

The brown haired actor just looked at his friend, then sighed and lowered his head again. Jakob knew, it was hopeless.

They sat in silence, again.

,,You may be no boyfriend material, but you are a excellent dancer. Thats for sure at least." Jakob said after a few minutes, winked and pointed to the dancefloor with his head.