Goodbye Neighbor

"(Y/N), wake up!" A hushed but tense voice wakes you suddenly from your slumber. Your eyes open to see humanized Dark Cacao Cookie standing above you. Filching and pushing yourself upwards you try to decipher what's going on.

It was still slightly dark out, with the sun rising. Your room was dark, but outside your window you could spot the slight flashing of red and blue lights.

"What the--?"

"To the living room. Now." Dark Cacao says. You do as told, quickly hopping out of bed and following him out your bedroom and into the living room, where the flashing lights are much more noticeable.

Humanized Almond Cookie and Latte Cookie are peeking outside your living room window. You walk past Dark Cacao and up to them.

"What are the police doing here?" you ask.

"They aren't here." Almond says. He moves out of the way for you to peek through the blinds. You do and outside, across the street you see police cars and one ambulance around your neighbors house. Cops with K9 unites sniff around the house.

Okay? This was the person who attempted to kill you after your wisdom teeth surgery. Why should you care they're house was broken into.

"(Y/N), somethings not right." Latte says, nervous.

"What's not right about it?" you ask. Sure you were slightly curious about what happened, but it wasn't really a concern to you.

"Grab your hoodie," Almond starts," let us hind in the pocket while you ask the officers what's up."

"Why?" You raised your voice, now beginning to get slightly nervous. The cookies clearly knew something you didn't.

"Do as they ask. Depending on the officers answer, you may be in grave danger." Dark Cacao says seriously.

You sigh and nod your head. You grab your hoodie from the closet and put it on while Almond and Latte transform back into their cookie forms. You hold out your hand to them and they climb on. Then to gently stuff them inside your hoodie pocket.

"You two good?" you ask.

"Good." Latte says.

"Affirmative." Almond follows.

"Be carful. Yell for me if something happens." Dark Cacao says. You nod and head outside.

It was cold, but that was not the reason for your trembling. You were confused, worried, and vaguely agitated as well.

"It's about time you two tell what's so worrying here." you whisper to your hoodie tenants.

"Dark Cacao sensed magic near your home. Evil magic." Latte says.

Before you could reply, a police officer calls to you. You jog up to him as he pulls out a small notepad.

"Excuse me, are you (Y/N) (L/N)." the officer asks.

"Yeah, that's me. What the hell is going on?" You swallow a lump in your throat. This officer knew you by name, and personally asked for you. Why?

"Well," the officer took a breath," your neighbor here has been killed, and we have reason to believe the killer is after you too."

"WHAT?" you shout.

"Please calm down." The officer says. "From what it looks like, your neighbor was tasked with killing you, but failed. So-"

"So whoever hired them killed them because they failed? Is that it?" you tried to yell louder, but your throat was tight due to nervousness.

"Yes, that's what we believe."