Chapter 3 - Time

Flug was having his usual coughing fit in the morning and -luckily by the time he tied up the trash bag so nothing could be seen- Demencia busted into his room to declare the BlackHat made breakfast. The doctor was confused considering BlackHat's never done that before but went along with it and followed Demencia down the stairs.

When they reached the kitchen it smelled like heaven. The sizzle of bacon could be heard from the pan as BlackHat turned the heat of the stove off and placed the bacon on a plate.

"You're up I see." BlackHat smiled at Flug.

"Yes sir! Demencia said you made breakfast?" Flug replied, tilting his head a bit.

"Oh! Yea right over here take what you want!" BlackHat exclaimed while moving out of the way of the island which was covered in different assortments of food.

Flug's eyes began to wonder as he looked over everything practically drooling. There was bacon piled up on a plate, buttered toast with different assortments or jams and jellys next to it, waffles were stacked into a tower with butter and syrup next to them, scrambled eggs were alongside the waffles on their own plate, and 3 freshly made cups of coffee still steaming.

Flug was starving considering he couldn't eat anything the night before and coughing up anything that was in his stomach that morning.

"Take what you would like!" BlackHat said as he placed the dishes into the sink.

Demencia already grabbed a plate ready to chow down on anything she could get her hands on.

Flug took a plate and began to fill it up. He took some waffles, eggs and bacon. He lathered the waffle with butter and syrup. Of course he grabbed his cup of coffee and headed into the dining room where 505 was waiting for Flug to sit down.

Flug smiled at his giant bear friend and sat in his chair beginning to take bites of his eggs.

Demencia and BlackHat soon entered behind him and took their seats. Demencia started up a conversation on who called recently and BlackHat said that no one has since the heros haven't been bothering anyone yet which was a relief in Flug's mind. He needed a break whether he liked to admit it or not.

"Flug" BlackHat said, peeking Flug's attention from his food and looking up at his boss.

"Yes sir?" Flug answered taking a sip of his coffee

"I'd like you to have the day off and do whatever you'd like." BlackHat replied, taking a bite out of some bacon.

Flug looked dazed but was happy and smiled thanking his boss. Now with the free time that he had he can finally research more about the disease.

"Oh yea!" Demencia exclaimed, getting everyone's attention. "Can we watch a movie later tonight?" She asked with a curious look on her face. BlackHat looked at her then at Flug.

"I don't see why not. What movie?" BlackHat replied.

After a while of discussing movies they decided to watch a newer horror movie that was out at the time The Black Phone.

By the time everyone had agreed on a movie everyone was cleaning up their plates and the kitchen when they were done they all went their separate ways.

Flug went back to his room to focus on research, Demencia went to her room trying to think of who Flug could love, while BlackHat wandered through the halls of his manor thinking about Flug.

The demon never knew how worried he could get about a scientist but it wasn't helping him calm down. He decided to go back to his office. While there he looked out his window and sighed. He didn't want to admit it but He did in fact love the doctor more than he would like to admit. In fact if he could. He would kill that sorry bastard for making Flug hurt so much.