Chapter 4 - Past

Flug looked down to his water in surprise.

"Well..." Flug said not sure if he should tell the truth. "I don't know if I can tell anyone yet..."

Flug was scared his boss would say or do something irrational.

"Oh..." BlackHat said now even more concerned about it. "Why?" BlackHat asked, looking at Flug with concern.

"It's a personal reason but I can promise you before I die I will tell you..!" Flug vowed.
"Promise?" BlackHat continued, reaching for the doctors face resting his hand on the doctors cheek. 

"Promise." Flug repeated and leaned into the action of his boss feeling comforted but scared about what he just agreed to. Thinking back to how Flug got into this mess in the first place.

About 8 years back when BlackHat and Flug first met it wasn't exactly the best introduction it was more of a soul for a soul type deal.

Flug was walking down a dark alley way just trying to get home safely but this night didn't agree with the 'safely' part.

Flug was about halfway down the alley when someone grabbed his shoulder abruptly and swung Flug into the wall. Flugs head hit the wall and he could barely see anything but he really wasn't worried about that it was more about the guy pinning him to the cold bricks behind him.

"Hand it over kid." The man demanded.

"Wh...at..?" Flug managed to get out.

"Everything you have on you. Or..." The figure pulled out a gun and was now pointing it at Flug's head. Flug had to admit he was terrified.

"I don't have anything on me..!" Flug got out in a raspy voice still recovering from being slammed into the wall.

"I know you do! If you don't I will kill you and take it all myself!" The man barked then punched Flug in the gut. Flug yelped in pain now losing his consciousness.

"I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING!" Flug screamed the man wasn't very amused by that and was aiming the gun at Flug's head again.

"Well then... I'll just kill you and see what you have myself." The man said. Flug was preparing himself for death. Flug slammed his eyes shut terrified of what was going to happen.

Flug heard the sound of a gun but wasn't in any pain. He felt himself hit the ground, his eyes still shut.

"Disgusting." A husky voice spoke. Footsteps came closer to Flug. "Open your eyes." The voice said.

Flug opened his eyes and looked around. The guy who had him pinned to a wall was on the ground. Blood was everywhere. That guy was probably dead. Flug looked at the figure in front of him.

The figure was a dark gray skinned male with a black top hat with a stripe of red. A monocle on his left eye. He had a red button up with a light gray vest. A tie was around his neck. He had black pants with black and white saddle shoes.

"My name is BlackHat. I want you to work for me, Flug." BlackHat announced to Flug while

holding out a gloved hand to help Flug up.

Flug grabbed BlackHat's hand. Flug was pulled up and BlackHat was smiling.

"So?" The demon said, still smirking. Flug didn't know how to answer so he thought for a second.

"How do I sign up?"

After that Flug was taken to the BlackHat manor a few days later he met Demancia and about 4 months after that he made 505. Ever Since then Flug has been in the BlackHat manor and he was completely fine with that.

Flug had caught feelings for his boss about 4 years ago. The Hanahaki had been going on for a little over a year. At this point Flug didn't know whether he should be happy or sad that he has Hanahaki. He could be happy because he would be put out of his misery or sad because he couldn't see his boss anymore when he did die. Plus what would he do about 505? He wasn't that concerned for Demecia but he still felt that she would be sad if he did die so he was probably more sad then happy.

The doorbell to the mansion went off while Flug and BlackHat were sharing a comfortable silence that the scientist felt safe in.

BlackHat stood up. "I'll go see who it is. You stay here and finish the water." BlackHat insisted, then he left. Leaving Flug alone in the bathroom with a cup filled with water and wondering how he would tell him.